1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Goals for Adsense earnings

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by xtraders, Jun 11, 2007.

1. petersonpol

petersonpol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have just started my new website and already have 4$/day. It would be nice to have 10$/day in the near future. scaffolding.gb.com - quite good eCPM I think around 15$. Is it good result? Only 15 clicks so far

petersonpol, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  2. xtraders

xtraders Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you cannot predict you're average daily earnings that soon (with such a low amount of clicks yet).
    But what are your goals and how are you going to reach them (even more important).

xtraders, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  3. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    For me the hope is that I'll be at 900/month at the end of the year.

kh7, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  4. spin

spin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never realize their was any amount of maoney to be made from adsense

spin, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  5. adds

adds Peon

Best Answers:
    I started Adsense in March 05, and was hoping to be able to cover my costs, which I did pretty much right away.

My current goal is for Adsense to pay the interest on my mortgage. I did that for the first time last month ($700), although it was a better than average month and doesn't look like it's going to be as much this month. That's also excluding tax, so the "take home" is less.

If/when I reach that consistently, I guess the goal will be to match my day-time job, but I've got a long way before I reach that ($5,000/month). Even if I do, I'm not thinking about going full-time with Adsense - I've got a wife and child, and can't afford to have "short" months!

Realistically, $1,000/month would be nice. That would pay for the mortgage interest and keep the tax man happy.

Attached is a graphic of my Adsense earnings so far (from a Excel spreadsheet I keep). Blue is monthly earnings, pink is average earnings since I started, and yellow is average earnings per calendar year.

Attached Files:

adds, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  6. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    10$ / day i'm at 6-7$ right now

My goal 1.5k/month

w3bmaster, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  7. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    If I remember right, Tearabite and Burta are both pretty new at doing this and now do pretty well.

There is no secret - it's all been said here before many times (including in this thread) - make a site that people want to visit. Don't look for quick and easy ways, don't worry too much about high paying keywords, just make a site about your interest, add a couple of interesting/useful pages a day, and slowly do link exchanges, get the word out about your site in forums, related blogs etc etc (see the various sections in DP forums)

It's slow at first but it works and sets you up for the long term. It's much harder to do well by throwing together a quick site about arcade games or made from free articles.

Take a look through previous threads by Burta (find the super long thread) and Tearabite, and then MoneyMakingGuru has a long thread where he's helping people out getting started with adsense.

I don't bother setting income goals, because I have no control over most of the factors - I try and increase traffic but I can't set out to increase it by say, 3% each month. Likewise CPC and CTR - I try to improve them but have no idea each month if it will increase income by 0% or 10%.

If you want to set targets, they are better to be 'add 100 new pages of interesting material this month', 'comment on 10 blogs' etc, things you can control.

Rasputin, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  8. xtraders

xtraders Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats, you're doing pretty good. What have you done at the beginning of 2006 when your earnings were growing rapidly?!

9. adds

adds Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a mystery to me! I occasionally try new things to get more traffic, but I've yet to find anything that really works. What *does* appear to work is to keep the site consistent, add new "stuff", and just let people find it via word of mouth or Google etc. I really don't do much if any marketing at the moment.

adds, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  10. rachmat

rachmat Peon

Best Answers:
    Really good target setting. It is very real.
    You have cheerred me up. Thanks

rachmat, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  11. add_cents

add_cents Peon

Best Answers:
    Since I just started, another fun thing to strive for is to beat the daily average in Impressions, Clicks, and Earnings.

Today, I tripled my Impressions and doubled my Clicks.

Of course, that's easy to do when the numbers are so low.

add_cents, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  12. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I mean reading forums can sometimes be a great place to start to find out what you need to learn and to discuss ideas and strategies with people - but there is only so much information you can get out of forums before you start to reading the same old same old.

So there is definitely a point where you need to step back and allocate your time effectively and obviously as you mentioned normally one of the first things that needs to be cut back is time spent on forums. I mean the only reasons I'm here now is because its 11:30pm at night and I was just popping in for a few minutes to see if there was anything interesting before wrapping things up and going to bed (I live in Australia).

People do share great amounts of knowledge it is normally more a situation of the people that are complaining at too lazy to find it.

I have a link clearly labeled in my signature "My 2006 AdSense Summary - How I gained my success with Google AdSense - $1000+/week" - I don't know what you are looking for specifically but I'm quietly confident that that thread will reveal the secret you are looking for, but if you are looking for the secret in some form of magic formula I'm sorry to say you won't find it in there.

The thread just reiterates the simple basics that are all over these forums relating to SEM and AdSense integration, along with what it really takes to achieve - and that is the right attitude. That said, I think there have already been like 40,000+ views and like 400 replies - so people obviously enjoyed something about it...

:rolleyes:

If your not growing you are dying - everyday more competition enters your market you need to be constantly improving your position and defending your market share. Nothing in life is "set and forget" nothing is that easy otherwise everyone would be doing it and complacency will cost you the lifestyle worked so hard to achieve (if you ever achieve it).

I think Eric Schmidt (Google CEO) in an interview recently mentioned that the real long term winners in life are the once that can put in an above average effort for 30 - 40 years, not just bust their balls for 3 then try to settle on what they have.

I can honestly say that have reaching that $100/day milestone that I at one point when I was making $5/day thought that reaching this $100/day figure would change everything that I could refocus my life and get onto achieving other things - the sad reality was it was mere month or two later that I achieved $200/day, then another couple of month later achieved the $300/day milestone, and earlier in this thread I said my aim was $1000/day by the end of the year.

Does this mean I'm a money hungry greedy person? I'd like to think no, I'd like to think I'm actually quite generous by nature and money doesn't really mean a whole lot to me, but I do believe it would be wasteful of me not to take advantage of my obvious talent and expertises. I mean I probably do a lot less work than what I used to back in 2007, but I'd like to think I'm working a lot smarter these days, and would like to think that my achievements in income generation online will only go to aid my in my other aspirations in life of which I believe are of much more importance and will be much greater achievements.

I wouldn't say I'm terrible new to it all. I mean I started making a sit eor two back in mid 2004, but I didn't really look at them as money making ventures until Oct 2005 when I started reading up on AdSense integration and joined DP - if has been a been a massive uphill roller coaster since then though.

Sounds like some pretty solid advice to me - people just don't seem to grip the idea of that achieving any success in life is normally via working hard and working smart - and if you do both of these you tend to get lucky as well ;)!

I agree as well. I mean if you controlled thousands upon thousands of pages that were getting millions of visitors a month then by all means try to improve that CTR by that .4% - but the sad reality is most people with their 20 page sites with essentially no traffic spend hours upon hours tweaking and refining AdSense and SEO then they really should just be getting on which the areas of their sites that are going to reap the biggest rewards.

The trick is get the people flooding to your site first - then worry about monetizing it - not the other way around.

Burta, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  13. xtraders

xtraders Peon

Best Answers:
    And so Burta, what are your goals at this moment?

14. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I mentioned them earlier...

Burta, Jun 13, 2007 IP
  15. peeter

peeter Peon

Best Answers:
    First time I started 0$ per day.
    Now I earn 1$ per day.
    How can i earn more than this!!!!
    Tell me please.

peeter, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  16. FeedMeGossip

FeedMeGossip Peon

Best Answers:
    how many website is it taking you to get to your daily goals?

what do you think is harder?

50 sites making $1-$2 each

or

2-3 sites making $25-$30 each

personally I would go with more site and less money.

FeedMeGossip, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  17. pozer

pozer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create one more site like that one :)

pozer, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  18. webhuge

webhuge Peon

Best Answers:
    am hoping to reach 30$/month ,:)

webhuge, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  19. winglet

winglet Guest

Best Answers:

$1 per day? Intresting mate!!!

winglet, Jun 14, 2007 IP
  20. gretel

gretel Guest

Best Answers:
    In my opinion the best thing is to do it like this:

make yourself goals like:
    1-5
    5-10
    10-50
    50-100
    and so on.
    Try to get a top day in a month,and get yourself motivated that way,and then the next month try to get your topday of the previous month,as a avarage for the current month and so on.

gretel, Jun 14, 2007 IP