1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Goal: Get @barackobama To Tweet My Site.

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by SweetUSAJobs, Feb 5, 2013.

1. kulik

kulik Member

Best Answers:
    You aren't doing anything unique so why would he care? The idea is cool, but the site is useless to the world.

kulik, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  2. SweetUSAJobs

SweetUSAJobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wont bother responding to first part of that with all the misspelling and broken English.
    Well, my website cause I'm the one who set this goal in the first place and it would be hard to track what works and what doesn't if it wasn't my site.
    While you have completely missed the point of this thread, I enjoyed your criticism and I still have deep respect for Guy Lafleur and Youppie.

SweetUSAJobs, Feb 26, 2013 IP
  3. Montreal Classifieds

Montreal Classifieds Active Member

Best Answers:
    Enjoy promoting your website. May be Barack Obama will mention it when he will search for another job 4 years from now.
    About my broken language, well, it is 4th one I'm speaking.

Montreal Classifieds, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  4. Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. I love the idea but you need to have a unique site with your own ideas for Jobs in USA or Sweet Jobs that you've found.

Anyone could do this - There is zero reason for anyone to Tweet about your site , let along The President of the USA.

Dont get me wrong , I wish you well , but its not going to work with your site in current state and current content or lack of it...

Tom Thumb, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  5. na09

na09 Member

Best Answers:
    A really epic goal :). That is an official account so I don't think they will tweet a private website's link

na09, Apr 5, 2013 IP
  6. SweetUSAJobs

SweetUSAJobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good afternoon all,

been a while since I updated this, I have been working on lots of other stuff and dropped the ball on "my completely unrealistic goal" I have set out to accomplish with this thread.

No granted the great barack Obama will definitely not tweet my site, let alone any other site but hey who cares. i will now change my goal to get the site name recognized and go from there.

Not sure how many of you use fiverr.com but I thought I would give a plug to theadtwins who made this promotional video for me for only $5. unbelievable value for the investment and they are pretty good at it. My prediction is that they won't be on there for long so if you had any plans for a cheap commercial to put on youtube advertising your site or business I would sign up and get it done sooner rather than later.

Here's the link to the video they made me.

I wrote the script in 5 minutes and didn't quite think it through so yes I already know the script sucks.

here's the link to the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9NDzlk61Qc
    33 seconds with hot twins, shouldn't be hard to check it out.

Here's their fiverr.com page.
    http://fiverr.com/theadtwins

SweetUSAJobs, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  7. SweetUSAJobs

SweetUSAJobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with everything you have said about the site, the site's content and lack thereof. That being said when you search something/anything in google, you will get millions of results and only the top page sites will be getting the hits.

While I agree that their are thousands of sites around looking the same, some are remembered and some are not. This was where I was originally going with this thread. what types of cheap marketing could I do to get people talking about the site and thus visiting it when they eventually need it or suggest it to others who are looking for work.

The experiment is branding and doing it super cheap.
    while I'd love to be at the top of google, that obviously won't ever happen with this niche.

I'll keep experimenting and if something works, I'll share let you all know.

8. GreenColor

GreenColor Peon

Best Answers:
    You also have to get a better design because i dont like it at all;) and anyways goodluck:D

GreenColor, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  9. SweetUSAJobs

SweetUSAJobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What specifically bothers you if you don't mind me asking? colors? logo? overall design? all of the above?