1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Go Cards!

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by Mia, Oct 19, 2006.

?

Who do you think will win the World Series?

1. St. Louis Cardinals

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Detriot Tigers

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
    The St. Louis Cardinals made it to the World Series tonight with the 2nd worst regular season record (second only to the Mets) in baseball history!

So who do you think will win the World Series? Detroit or St. Louis. Any other Card fans out there?

I've waited 24 years to see my home team win again. Go Cards!

BTW, this post is inspired by our very own Crazy Cubby/Sox/Bear Fan, Chicago Rob

Mia, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Right now it seems that, unless the Cards really screw up, they should be a shoe in for the title. Tonight's game (if it's played) will be a hot one for sure.

mopacfan, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Man, I hope so... All I can think about is TWENTY FOUR YEARS... My sister was born in 82'. That is a LONG time to wait.

I would give anything to see them do it at home. It would be fitting, new stadium and all!

Mia, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  4. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be totally amazing. I remember the '82 series. I was in still in highschool (Jr year) and I remember working at Jordan's Restaurant in Florissant and the tv being on in the kitchen so we could watch the game. I really do hope they pull it off!!!

mopacfan, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I was 11, sitting on the floor in my parents family room, 253 Reavis Place, in Webster watching it on that old ass solid state TV (well that thing was state of the art at the time). I had built a replica of Sportmans Park (the stadium that the old Busch Stadium Replaced) out of legos. Remember the tension? It went a full 7 games.. A year later I moved to Wisconsin (home of the Brewers)... People were picking fights with me constantly...

Yeah, I remember Jordan's. 24 years man! 24 friggin years!!!

Mia, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  6. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well the fat lady has sung!!! No matter what the rest of the world says, the Cards are the Champions! I just hope it's not another 24 years :)

mopacfan, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Yep, we did it! Finally... I watched every exciting minute of the entire playoffs all the way through the World Series. In fact, just got my World Champion St. Louis Cardinals T-Shirt shipped from some friends direct from St. Louis! Came in the mail today, and I've been wearing it all day at work.

Gotta love it! Oh, I did manage to die my imperial red too. People were looking at me a bit strangely at the Y on Saturday until one guy walked up to me while I was working the deltoids and said: "you're gonna have to get that thing a light redder and brighter if you want to look like Speizio!".

Mia, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  8. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Uh. Someone has yet to shave their head and paint it red. We are waiting :p

Oh wait. You did. We need pics!

lorien1973, Oct 30, 2006 IP