1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GLOBAT.com is DOWN !

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by iluminatus, Feb 21, 2008.

1. shte

shte Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    They are up again. The nice thing is that whenever I post here and say Globat is down, they fix it. :D

I am sure they are watching it all. There cant be this big a coincidence!

shte, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  2. Profit|Jacob

Profit|Jacob Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So they fixed it? Sounds nice, after almost 10 days.

LOL!!

Profit|Jacob, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  3. shte

shte Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Globat is down again for over 5 or 6 hours now.

Globat sucks so much! Now that my semester is over, I will switch - if, hopefully, it is not too late. (i.e. unless they lost my site and all)

shte, May 17, 2008 IP
  4. shte

shte Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I know I might be banned for saying this, but I want to emphasize for all here that:

Globat sucks donkey cock!!!! I am so annoyed with them!

shte, May 17, 2008 IP
  5. emanmb

emanmb Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Erm, i might have phrased it differently but I have to agree.

Most of my web site and all the FTP folders are down for the last 4 days! I'm going to have @#$% :eek: fit all over them tomorrow on the phone.

I'm going to ask for compensation of some kind as this is the 3rd outage this year that I know of. I've gotten no notification of any problem with my site either.

I'll post to let ya'll know how it goes.

emanmb, May 20, 2008 IP
  6. emanmb

emanmb Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Today I put in a call to Globat and asked wth my site and FTP would be back up and got the answer "soon".

I told him I deserved compensation for this as this is the 3rd major outage I've suffered through this year.

He posted a trouble ticket asking for compensation.

Network status on their site says:
    Current System Status / Issue Log
    caicos is running in good condition.

What a crock. :mad:

emanmb, May 22, 2008 IP
  7. PowerExtreme

PowerExtreme Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    They were good before dunno wat happened now

PowerExtreme, May 22, 2008 IP
  8. emanmb

emanmb Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The tech guys I spoke to seemed a little too relaxed about the situation, or maybe they are trained to maintain such a calm demeanor. In effect it was like hearing, "ya man, {{pffft}}, yer data is cool man. we'll have it all back up, {{pfffft}}, soon man.

A short time later in my followup call to customer service I let loose. I was pissed. That got my ticket elevated to highest priority.

I was offered 3 months of free hosting as compensation. When asked if that was OK, I said, "3 months? Is that all?" That got me a year of free hosting. Ok, done, and now we wait for it to be fixed.

Wrong.

I just got a call from the head of customer service and he took the time to walk me through what has happened. Seems there was data loss after all.

Somewhere I have all that @#$% backed up. :( The frakkin ftp folder contents are what concern me though as there was client data etcetcetc and now it's toast. Looks like I have a lotta uploadin' to do. :mad:

And I thought tonight was movie night.
    :eek:

emanmb, May 22, 2008 IP
  9. shte

shte Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I knew this would happen one day. They lost my website. The site was PR4 and was ranking well on the SERPS. I am just happy that they didn't lose my forum website or other more important ones.

My PR4 website is not even indexed now in Google. :(

shte, May 23, 2008 IP
  10. emanmb

emanmb Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Complain like no tomorrow and demand compensation.
    At least you shouldn't have to pay for another year with them and we can keep our fingers crossed that they'll learn from their mistakes. I didn't have to try too hard to get it.

B-tch of it is that my ftp client keeps crapping out on larger uploads of over 10 megs and I have to come back and hit the "Resume" button several times to get the uploads to finish. Not sure who's at fault there.

emanmb, May 24, 2008 IP
  11. EXGLOBATCLIENT

EXGLOBATCLIENT Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I specially registered at this forum to tell you my worst experience with a hosting company and WARN you:
    do not host at globat.com.:mad:

For me it is too late! I did have two sites hosted at their company.

• - they are EXTREMELY SLOW.
    • - they downtime is VERY often for short times but very often.
    • - their support sucks when it is about speed and access problems
    • - they are not up to date even for application like ZEN encription.
    • - they have a OP-OUT upgrade policy !!!!!!!!!!! You receive an email and if you do not answer this mail, they assume you agree with the upgrade and charge automatically your Credit card !!!!!!!!!! You end up with the MOST EXPENSIVE hosting plan in a few months !!!!
    • - they do not give you your domain name back immediately after you decide to leave them, !
    • - they lie about their configuration saying you have 16 mb of memory when all their servers only allow 8 mb ......
    • - so many to complain ...

I can not tell you how many hours I spent with them at the phone.

If you are not convinced, just type : globat forum review and see what others are saying about them...

some links:

http://www.dnforum.com/f122/warning-signing-up-domainsarefree-com-globat-com-thread-57716.html

http://www.dnforum.com/f122/warning-signing-up-domainsarefree-com-globat-com-thread-57716.html http://www.dnforum.com/f26/globat-horror-story-thread-287449.html http://www.wickedfire.com/shooting-shit/16959-globat-s-automatic-upgrade.html

and don't be fooled by them : they even setup a website called globatreviews.com and post positive advices on their own service !

and if U still have doubts just go to
    http://www.webhostingunleashed.com/globat

EXGLOBATCLIENT, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  12. emanmb

emanmb Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hmm, there is only a place holder at globatreviews.com.

Reviews here (webhostingunleashed.com/globat) are all a year or more old.

Rest of the posts look like operator error and plain stupidity.

The globat opt out BS is well known and I'm demanding to be permanently removed from that list...it may be possible to do so right from the control panel, but not sure.

If you follow the simple rules of dealing with any retailer by escalating the issue, asking for supervisors, demanding resolution of whatever issue you have then you should get action. I let loose a couple f-bombs in a conversation I had to drive home a point or two.

If not resolved then the suggestions, "before you leave, make sure you fill those 1500 GB with any kind of crap until your account expires" sounds good. Hehehe.
    Also re: the opt out BS, "send a complaint to visa and mastercard. I did. Visa got back to me, they said the company has been getting a lot of complaints lately. The guy also said if they receive too many more they'll get their merchant account banned, meaning they can no longer accept credit cards"

Also in switch your domain name the advice of "Try contacting deborah.burditt AT enom.com

If that does not work try internic.net complaint form.

This is why I use Tucows. I contact their compliance department and they usually clear things up like this within an hour. There is actually a complaint procedure but the new registrar you are transferring to files the complaint (first informally). You need a registrar willing to do this."

sounds good to me as well.

All your answers are out there. Globat DOES need to get it's poop together in any case. For me I'm OK w/them since I got a year of hosting added "free".

e

emanmb, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  13. EXGLOBATCLIENT

EXGLOBATCLIENT Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I suggest we should create a dedicated forum to organise and group all complains about globat.com.
    We could ban this hosting company and prevent them from selling crap to newcomers.:confused::D

14. EXGLOBATCLIENT

EXGLOBATCLIENT Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Unbelievable !

I just post here 5 minutes ago and the tech support from globat answers me that they are aware of the problem (database error on server) and they will hopefully solve the problem within ... 24 hours !!!

15. afhosting

afhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    globat is working perfect. maybe some technical faults

afhosting, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  16. tillymcnulty

tillymcnulty Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Everyone,
    I haven't been able to "reply" to any of my emails for the past few weeks. Globat "live chat" couldn't answer my questions and no one ever responded to my support ticket. Of course I can't get through on the phone.
    Today, I can't veiw my website or log on to globat.com.

Anyone else having these problems?

tillymcnulty, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  17. devabby

devabby Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Globat is the suck hosting, i get free one year coupon and the invoice they send to me state that $0.00 and now been charge 2 time $0.50, dont know this stupid hosting will continue charge me or not!!!!

Other is add one more domain in hosting is diffrent than other hosting, need go to one-click-upgrade to upgrade and will charge at second YEAR!!!!

STAY AWAY FROM THEM

devabby, Jan 13, 2009 IP