1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Global Distribution Systems, GDS (Worldspan, Pegasus, Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre, etc.)

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by cre8ive, Mar 6, 2008.

Currently, I'm studying how hotels manage bookings and promote them online. I just learned that hotels (or travel websites like Expedia) use Global Distribution Systems, GDS; examples are Worldspan, Pegasus, Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre & Abacus. But the question is 'What's GDS???' Can someone kindly explain to me as if I were a 10 years old?

cre8ive, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  2. tptnyc

tptnyc Peon

Best Answers:
    Name GDS itself speaks General Distribution System. Airlines or hotels feed their pricings into built-up database, keep updating every now and then. So when anyone wants to buy a tciket or book hotle, all one has to enter dates, destination etc and based this customer input, the results are pulled out/distributed from this database to the customers. All these GDS you mentioned pretty much are the same and each one has built up their own software and named it differently. Airlines or hotels may sign up to choose with any of the GDS software and launch on their sites and use the database. Hope it helps.

tptnyc, Apr 15, 2008 IP
  3. Packet8i

Packet8i Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Day,

I appreciate if someone give me some further information for GDS. I am working on a website project which require online hotels and appartments reservation, for this I need a idea that how to integrate it through XML/API's. or refer me any usefull source where I can find the information I am looking for.

I search a lot but didn't find any useful source where I can find the startup to develop these API's.

Thanks in advance.

Packet8i, May 14, 2008 IP