1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Global.asax or other options?

Discussion in 'C#' started by cenkbut, Nov 11, 2006.

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build a system that will automate recurring payments in C#.
    Basically everyday an automated task will retrieve recurring payments for the current date from the database and creates a Protx transaction via Protx api. The code works fine from global.asax for testing purposes.

But in that case, these transactions will not be SSL secure which is a huge security gap, although protx checks the IpAddress of the request.

What I can do is create a scheduled task calling a secure page via iexplore.exe every morning and run these tasks but that can be a problem with my VPS hosting company.

What are your opinions? Is it possible to call a secure page from global.asax on application_end or something with a querystring containing a password so that page cannot be run by other people.

Sorry for the complex description of my problem
    Thanks for sharing your expertise in advance.

cenkbut, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  2. AlexPhD

AlexPhD Peon

Best Answers:
    The two things that are important:

1) Connect to Protx servers via HTTPS. Most likely their toolkit allows that. If the API is soap based in you'll need to .NET security provider to send requests via https. The /n software IP*Works! is one of the toolkits that does that, but it's not free.

2) Secure your server with HTTPS. This is fairly obvious.

AlexPhD, Nov 12, 2006 IP