1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Giving away 10k to random people. Would you do it??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dess71, Dec 27, 2022.

I came across a Tweeter post claiming to give away money and I thought it was a joke or spam. But when I analyze the posts I was surprised. An American philanthropist is giving away money. I always wished to do the same thing if I have plenty of money. Do you think you will give away money for the needy, if you are a billionaire?
    Here is the Twitter thread:
    https://twitter.com/pulte/status/1607868292466708481?t=hifF5d1UJovjE9EklbZv_g&s=19

dess71, Dec 27, 2022 IP
  2. alamlinks

alamlinks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    offcourse I will do if I would be a billionaire. every reach person should help the needy persons.

alamlinks, Dec 28, 2022 IP
    dess71 likes this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Every December I have sent off a registered cheque to the Salvation Army. I do this because they help people that no one else will help. I won't tell you for how much, because you would never believe me. (but it's for a lot)

Spoiltdiva, Dec 29, 2022 IP
    dess71, jrbiz and Smyrl like this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I also feel that they are a unique and very worthy charity. I do not send them checks every year, but I do walk out of my way to donate to their kettles whenever I hear or see them.

jrbiz, Dec 29, 2022 IP
    dess71 and Spoiltdiva like this.
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You could donate one or more of your top line tinfoil hats, no?

Spoiltdiva, Dec 29, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd rather give to a reputable charity that already has the infrastructure in place and could use the money immediately.

Alternatively, I'd love to buy medical debt and arrange with the debtors to pay me back exactly what I paid which would be a tiny percentage of the original debt. However, the only country where I know this is a problem is America and it seems wrong to give to charity in a developed country that can afford nuclear weapons. I might be able to do that with student debt in my own country but I don't think debts get traded like they do in America.

sarahk, Dec 29, 2022 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I tried, but they get wrinkled trying to shove them into the kettles' slots.

jrbiz, Dec 29, 2022 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  8. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's nice to see the community here likes giving.
    But we might have heard people saying " rich people are greedy" and I tend to believe that because I don't see people around me that have the money giving to the poor.

There are even several experimental videos on Youtube and Tiktok which show poor people stretching their hands to the needy. Not the good looking people, not the wealthy people. Not always though. I watched several of these videos and was really surprised.
    And I heard some people say the rich are rich because they don't give away money. Somewhat true.
    But at the end of the day, the wealthy (and everybody else too) will die and can not take one red cent with them.

dess71, Dec 30, 2022 IP
  9. Larkolag

Larkolag Peon

Best Answers:
    I see such people as show-offs. I don't think people need to know when you do good. I only help students when I have enough money. I'm not rich yet but I only do this when I have some money and I love this feature

Larkolag, Jan 4, 2023 IP
  10. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would never give anyone 1 cent even if I am a millionaire one day. let them die of greed.
    Government in India should give out money bas basic guaranteed income. INR 3500 per month is good for everyone.

jaguar34, Jan 9, 2023 IP