1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting Weird Desktop/Mobile Results With AMP Activated

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ebsports, Aug 10, 2017.

So, I've routinely got much more mobile traffic than desktop historically. I'd say about 65 to 35 percent in favor of mobile.

When I activated the AMP plugin on my Wordpress site, my Google Analytics starts telling me that I'm getting much heavier desktop traffic now and mobile is far less. I'd say I've been testing it about a month and every day, it's more desktop than mobile.

I'd say with AMP activated, Google Analytics tells me I'm probably getting about 60 to 70 percent desktop now. Traffic has remained similar on a day to day basis, but it flipped from mobile to desktop (or so its telling me).

I thought that was weird, so I deactivated AMP and then my search traffic came to a crawl but my mobile traffic went back up according to Google Analytics.

Is GA accidentally thinking that some mobile traffic is actually desktop? I can't figure it out.

Wishing I never touched the thing now.

ebsports, Aug 10, 2017 IP