1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting users for a new forum

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mrforum, Jul 8, 2016.

Hi folks,

I have just created a forum which deals with Education in the US.

How can i drive traffic to this and get users involve in the forum?

I know that users simply will leave when they realize the forum is fresh, but i wonder how the huge forums managed to survive at the very beginning.

Any ideas will help, thanks a lot!

mrforum, Jul 8, 2016 IP
  2. Elijah.V

Elijah.V Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, of course if the forum is empty everyone will leave and won't come again. You need to have high quality content on your forum, start writing some good articles like for a blog.
    You can go to fiverr.com and find people willing to register and post on your forum. Take a look at reviews.
    Maybe you could create some compelling contest or offer a bonus to those who register.

Elijah.V, Jul 13, 2016 IP
  3. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to build high quality content first then do SEO and online marekting for this. If you have budget, try using Google adwords or FB ads and some ppc campaigns.

daica85, Jul 17, 2016 IP
  4. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    As everyone else is saying, you need to have people writing for you, high quality content means content that attracts and keeps people, provokes reaction and enables people to think and comment. It is not easy to do so and there are already hundreds of educational forums for USA. I guess you're not from the US and if that is slightly apparent in the posts and forum then you cannot get much traction from that audience.

Mehdi.b, Jul 17, 2016 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    You'll be needing a few people to moderate your forum and also to post (be a starter) interesting topic that will catch visitor's interest.
    I'm sure if people see that your forum posts worthy topics then it'll be much interesting for them.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 17, 2016 IP
  6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can hire some part time forumer to create some posting and start from there.

mentos, Jul 18, 2016 IP
  7. gummyworms

gummyworms Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am interested in helping out, I like the theme and got some crazy ideas about education. PM me

gummyworms, Jul 30, 2016 IP