1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting unbanned

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by SERPalert, Aug 23, 2005.

1. iconrate

iconrate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any chance for more info on this? A link perhaps? Sounds like a good idea in more way than one.

iconrate, Aug 24, 2005 IP
  2. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Iconrate...It'll cost yu some green stuff ;-). Joken, the last sentence in my previous post holds the secret, IMO. Read the thread carefully.

Homer, Aug 24, 2005 IP
  3. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    So DP should do some SEO?

It used to rank, as did my sites. Now it doesn't. It's a filter/ban.

SERPalert, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  4. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    NO, Yahoo should give their head a shake. DP doesn't need Yahoo, IMO. Yet Yahoo is depriving all users that search from DP's enriched knowledge base. The real losers are Yahoo organic search users, because Yahoo decides DP is banned without explaination. Kinda sucks. The DP site remains indexed but no serps :confused:.
    Examples:
    1) Google says-'online advertising' DP in top 5
    2) Yahoo says- who the f*^k's DP:rolleyes:
    3) Google says- 'Coop ad network' #1
    4) Yahoo says- who the f*^k's DP:rolleyes:

There are countless other examples to further confirm this with my sites and others. My point is if Yahoo is NOT going to display ANY of my pages whatsoever then why have them indexed. The answer is simple and completely bogus...so they can boast the biggest, baddest index. Failing to mention that a portion of this index is banned.

Homer, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  5. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You would think that if Yahoo wants to have relevant results that they would at least let a site show for its domain name. :rolleyes:

Web Gazelle, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  6. iconrate

iconrate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have read and re-read and if you're implying I should pay for a wmw account, well it's just not going to happen ;)
    It may be more enticing if you'd post the jist of it without giving the trick away then posting the link once again. Or pm me.

iconrate, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  7. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't want to be seen to making a example of dp. It surprised me! I'm worried about my sites, why do i not rank...

Even taking specific quotes from pages on my sites, or the dp site is wont appear in yahoo

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=u...rovider.+For+Macintosh,+Windows+and+Red+Hat."

Ok. We've established theres something going on and some problem.

What can i do, I've made the sites cleaner than clean. Now how can I get unbanned?

SERPalert, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  8. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    It has been like this for weeks maybe longer.(there are some threads about it somewhere)

I would guess the only way to get unbanned would be to register the domain in a different name/address, use different hosts and different content. I dont even know if this would work.

As mentioned its obvious that its Yahoo that loses out. I wonder if bbc.co.uk disappeared whether things would be different then ?

Design Agent, Aug 26, 2005 IP