1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting Started - technical questions

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Bulldog San, Dec 3, 2004.

I just got an account to show ads on my site and have had trouble getting it to work. My site is hosted by Dreamhost and I use Frontpage to create pages and Notepad to create text files. When they're created on my machine, I FTP them to the folder on the Dreamhost server. I have to contact the administrator to even delete text files - there is a reason, but I don't quite understand it. Someone told me to use shell commands - I'm not sure what that is.

Is there any chance I can get the ads running, or do I need to get smarter or call a professional?

I love the concept and want to do it, but the .htaccess file I put in my web folder yesterday (first attempt) brought my site down until I deleted all the text.
    SEMrush

Bulldog San, Dec 3, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, you probably are going to need to talk to someone familiar with your site and server configuration in order to make it work.

digitalpoint, Dec 3, 2004 IP