1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting ranked at Yahoo search engine

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by v4vaibhav, Jan 28, 2014.

Hi techies and experts,

First of all, apologies if my question is going to read stupid as I am an absolute layman with extremely little understanding of this stuff.

My website is ranking well on google search engine, doesn't show up on yahoo. I have submitted my links on bing webmasters tools and it has been a couple of months now, maybe more.

I have doing the same things as suggested here like; posting links, generating backlinks, guestposts etc.

Is there something special that I will need to do especially for yahoo or bing?

Kindly advise.

Thanks

Vaibhav

v4vaibhav, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you try doing a search on Yahoo for the URL of your site? If results are displayed, your site has been indexed.

danasurvey, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  3. Md. Ershadul Hoque

Md. Ershadul Hoque Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should check in your sitemap, did you allow yahoo or not in your sitemap. Probably you have erroneously done this.

Md. Ershadul Hoque, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  4. gknugurlu

gknugurlu Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo, Bing takes longer than Google to index sites and get ranked. This is because we all work to rank on Google. And after when we make a search at yahoo we see that our rankings are not as google. And yahoo takes longer to index your website. As well as Yahoo has its own database but still it benefits and uses Google.

gknugurlu, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  5. QualityGhostWriter

QualityGhostWriter Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo primarily finds sites through links. Have you been creating backlinks?

QualityGhostWriter, Feb 10, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  6. MallofStyle

MallofStyle Member

Best Answers:
    Bing indexes faster if it locates links elsewhere.... get some authority backlinks.

MallofStyle, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  7. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its easy to get it indexed, but I find it very difficult ranking in Yahoo compared to bing and google.

ash1ey82, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  8. MallofStyle

MallofStyle Member

Best Answers:
    @ashley82, bing and yahoo have the same backend engine. If you are getting ranked in bing, you should be equally good in yahoo too.

MallofStyle, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  9. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my case I had my website on first page of Yahoo and Bing with the same targeted keyword but in Google my number 1 spot website ranks down to page 5 due to Hummingbird update. I think its simple to rank in Yahoo and Bing but in Google it's too complicated due to the often changes in algorithm. I would suggest basic SEO will do like submission of links (diversity tactics) Using Social media sites as a medium to interact with your targeted visitors and blogging.

KylieSweet, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  10. briguy

briguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No such thing as a stupid question only stupid answers (my opinion only!) Have you tried "pinging" your site (pingler(dot)com)? Just another way of letting sites know that you are out there.

briguy, Feb 20, 2014 IP