1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

getting paid for articles

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Ence Litsep, May 11, 2014.

What is the best site for getting paid for articles? What makes agood article? How do you market your material?

Ence Litsep, May 11, 2014 IP
  2. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here, my writing skills, and I don't.

kush86, May 11, 2014 IP
  3. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you want out getting paid from a site. If it's upfront/quick payment, Textbroker is likely your best bet, although the article assignments can be boring or few and far between. Others like iWriter, but it often lowballs what it pays writers. Yahoo Voices also provides upfront pay, but you'll often have to settle for performance payments if they don't elect to pay upfront for your submission.

You may want to go with YV anyway, because 1) it provides a great high profile place for your byline, and 2) lets you submit articles on whatever subject you like (whether they will approve them is another question). Other similar pay options are Helium, Triond, Bukisa, Brighthub, etc.

melprise, May 11, 2014 IP
  4. Ence Litsep

Ence Litsep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for your reply. How much can/should I expect to get paid at the very least for an article?

5. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    YV pays anywhere from $2-5 when they pay upfront. Textbroker normally pays $.01 per word for 'level 3' writers, and $.014 for 'level 4' writers (that's $5-7 dollars per 500 word article), and the level is determined by the rating they give your first writing sample and subsequent submissions).

melprise, May 11, 2014 IP
  6. Ence Litsep

Best Answers:
    Wow thank you

7. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another way to go is to go on sites like ODesk, ELance and Freelancer and go after article and blog writing projects. Depending on what you want to work for, you can potentially obtain several long-term jobs and accumulate quite a bit of work over time.

Additionally, I would recommend that you start a blog on something that you know well. Write good entries and build back links to drive traffic and engagement. you can then begin an AdSense program, or put affiliate links on your blog to generate a passive income.

You may also want to create a website (if you don't already have one), this can go in conjunction with your blog. Advertise / SEO the site and acquire writing clients this way.

And of course, you can go into the content creation forum and find work on this site too.

Hope this helps.

SCookAAM, May 12, 2014 IP
  8. Ence Litsep

Best Answers:
    What is stopping you from writing one article then selling it to a number of different sites?

Ence Litsep, May 13, 2014 IP
  9. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, Ence,

you could do that, but the thing about internet content is that it must be unique in order to get indexed by search engines. They ignore duplicate content, and can even penalize sites that use it. So what you do is write an article, then re-write it several times so that it's similar but still unique.

SCookAAM, May 13, 2014 IP
  10. montecristo5000

montecristo5000 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Also, Ence, a lot of website owners will insist on using Copyscape, a system for checking that the content is original.

montecristo5000, May 13, 2014 IP
  11. Ence Litsep

Best Answers:
    Thank you for explaining that.

Ence Litsep, May 13, 2014 IP
  12. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Much depends on the type of "articles" you are gonna write. One good strategy is to go to odesk\elance, squash thru initial low-pay segment, find long-time partners. for this you need to know precisely your niche (no good writing crap about everything, but it's cool to be a pro in some particular topic) and your writing's strong and weak sides.

Another thing is if you are going to write cheap rewrite like 20k signs of stuff a day, or go for technical writing, or engage in serious analytics, where you can write a 4-12k sign article in two days and get $150-1000 for it.

Karuna17, May 14, 2014 IP
  13. ViolentAJ

ViolentAJ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have found most of my writing gigs right here on this site, but things have dried up in recent years it seems. I never knew that you could get paid writing for Yahoo Voices. What are the requirements?

ViolentAJ, May 15, 2014 IP
  14. reetika

reetika Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Squidoo
    hugpage
    Bubblews
    triond

reetika, May 17, 2014 IP
  15. TREYC

TREYC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I use Craigslist quite often to find writing work, you should try that out if you never have.

TREYC, May 18, 2014 IP
  16. Mr Right

Mr Right Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This place is a great place to start. If you don't sit on your arse and don't wait for people to come to you for content, you should be able to get yourself a nice list of clients. Once you have a nice rolodex of clients, you're golden.

Mr Right, Jun 1, 2014 IP
  17. digitalfun

digitalfun Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want your article attract others, the topic must be specail ,and around the topic ,you need to collect materials ,reading the related data and current news about it .When you have a unique topic ,special title and the contents are newly ,I think the article will be popular.

digitalfun, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  18. Jake Rigdon

Jake Rigdon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    oDesk and Elance can be tough, but necessary if you're just starting out. I'd also check freelance job boards, especially once you have a decent amount of experience.

Jake Rigdon, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  19. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's right. Unless the article is sell as PLR, then it will be a different story.

Melisa455, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  20. ladymacbeth9

ladymacbeth9 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Coincidentally I am on the administrative team (SEO Director) for a content creation site. The best way in which to promote your content is going to be your own blog or a website, but failing that, there are a wide range of wiki sites out there that will permit you to write for them and will credit your work to you. It's a good place to showcase what you can do. If you build it they will come is absolute crap, so once you do create a site with your content on it, promote it. Social media is going to be remarkably helpful. Build your brand and your name. Get yourself out there in the spotlight for your original and well written content that is factual and informational. Having done so you will begin to get a client list. Don't sell yourself short even starting out. Our site pays .0129 or about a cent and a third per word for the lowest paying items, upwards to 8-10 cents for sales copy. We are by invitation only but many sites that pay relatively well are not so. Your work, you must consider, will make a great deal for your customers if you do it well and diligently. Don't gouge them, but certainly charge what you or your experience is worth. By that I mean, I have 12 years in content and about 8 in SEO. Prior to that I was a nurse. Those things mean that I am frequently hired to do technical or medical writing. Any good education or experience that you bring to the table makes you more valuable to your customers. Write what you're good at. Get samples out on social media and other places and promote your skills. People will hire you. Solid content writers and good sales copy are hard to come by. Believe me :)

ladymacbeth9, Jul 22, 2014 IP