1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting Google Ads to load content other than "blog ads", on blogs

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by EdenView, Jan 2, 2005.

Any tips?

For instance, http://FindYourClass.BlogSpot.com , is heavy on keywords, but only "blog" creates ads...

Just starting to mess around with the blogs thing, any advice appreciated :)

EdenView, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I had the same issue with my web forum. Until I added content, AdSense gave me ads about phpBB.

And... after checking... it still does give me ads about phpBB on quite a few of the pages. d'oh!

Maybe that's why forums average less than half the CTR of average web pages.

Perhaps I should add even more entries to my already bloated URL filter...

Will.Spencer, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  3. EdenView

EdenView Peon

Best Answers:

Heh, I hear that! If the phpBB ads paid well, I'd even be ok with it, but they don't :-(

EdenView, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  4. oziii

oziii Peon

Best Answers:
    I would remove any mention of the word 'blog' form the page and templates...

including the name of your blog....ie 'blog spot'

and just write more about other things.

ie keyword density helps. What do you want ads for? seems its for lawsuits for Mesothelioma, vioxx etc.. (good luck by the way - you're going to have a hell of a lot of competition) - so you want those terms to appear more than once or twice on a page. Put them in your side bar, outward bound links, title tags etc....as if you were optimizing your page for Search Engines.

And get ride of any reference to 'blog'

oziii, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  5. EdenView

EdenView Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks for the advice :)

And I know the competition is everywhere, I've just done well with http://www.deftlaw.net so thought I'd start experimenting with an auto-indexed content.

EdenView, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  6. wingdude

wingdude Peon

Best Answers:
    Even filtering the tens of Blog ads in the Adsense filter list Adsense is showing no ads as it does not seem to have indexed it yet. Anyone know a fool-proof way to get Mediabot to reindex the site?

wingdude, Jan 4, 2005 IP
  7. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    You may want to try another ad program, I personal use Searchfeed, and it allows you to place text links for any catagory you specifiy on your site, they pay rates aren't the best, but its better than the low-paying adsense ads on forums and blogs, i.e. I use webhosting, which pays a good 30 cents a click.

You may also try targetpoint, they have decent rates and also let you select a catagory.

Josh

Josh, Jan 4, 2005 IP
  8. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just thought I'd make my very first posting in this really great forum saying I like your site...
    but why, oh why did you make deftlaw.net/deft.html with like a thousand words on a one per line basis?
    (i really got mystified as it looks very intentional).

miko67, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  9. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Look for things like CSS class names. If the code says something like class="blog_post" and uses blog type words, that could be the problem. When I changed my css class names to non-blog words, the adsense ads became much more targeted to the actual content.

dazzlindonna, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  10. jeff123

jeff123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try using one of the header tags - <h1>, <h2> or <h3>. That might give a hint to adsense as to what the topic is about.

jeff123, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  11. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Also, write content yourself and write it for the web. Your "Masonite" post is far better, from a kw density & viewers' readability perspective, than the "Vioxx" post which just swamps the keywords with the "noise" of irrelevant/extraneous words :)

Lever, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  12. arundirect

arundirect Banned

Best Answers:
    Keep your blog focused on a single topic...

Arun
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    High Paying AdSense Keywords - For a huge Discount of 40% this New year. Valid till 20th January 2005

arundirect, Jan 5, 2005 IP