1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting funding for youtube series

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Millersbbq, Jan 30, 2017.

Hello. I came to your site with questions about funding videos. We've been making a series of bbq videos on youtube. We're not looking to cash out or make money. Just some help funding so we can film them more often. It costs us about 100$ to film each episode and this is just 2 of us..out of pocket. Any tips on how to get more views or who we can show the videos to would be greatly appreciated. This is our latest episode, how to make Beer Can burgers. Thanks for your help!

Millersbbq, Jan 30, 2017 IP
  2. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if it would be applicable for this, but you could look into Kickstarter to see if that might work.

Milliardo, Feb 1, 2017 IP
  3. Chris-

Chris- Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, crowdfunding could work.

Alternatively, find a way to monetize your content so that the money pays for more content. One method is to allow adverts with your vids on YouTube. The payments might be something like a dollar per 500 views, typically. Or add links to relevant affiliate products, such as cooking utensils, books, or food on Amazon, or other affiliate programs.

Hope that helps !

Chris

Chris-, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  4. Millersbbq

Millersbbq Peon

Best Answers:
    How would I go about doing that? I tried the kickstarter and it was a fail. Thanks Chris!

Millersbbq, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  5. Chris-

Chris- Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Youtube has the option of checking a box so that your videos will show adverts and you get paid for that.

To link to affiliate products, probably best to create a website or blog, and at the top of the description of each video, include a link to a web-page that has additional relevant information, and some relevant affiliate products.

Amazon has a good affiliate program, so you can make commission selling things from their website, but make sure you understand the rules. For example, you cannot quote any user-comment or user-rating, or summarize or generalize those (unless you use their API).

There are many other affiliate programs that will have relevant products. Share-a-sale has many companies with vast numbers of products, and that's just one example.

How much money you make from an affiliate program depends on how many visitors your web-pages get, which depends on various factors including marketing such as social-media, and other SEO (Search Engine Optimization) actions.

I can give you more details on any of the above if you like. Message me if you want :)

Chris

Chris-, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  6. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why not try crowdfunding? If you're not getting much from it, try monetizing your channel through Google Adsense or inserting some affiliate links in the vid description. Good luck!

Anitasol, Feb 15, 2017 IP