1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting framed pages indexed...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by NewComputer, Feb 28, 2005.

I have taken over a site (as webmaster) that is using framed pages. They are using a redirection service and having the site hosted for free on another server. The framed page gets crawled and indexed everyday, but only shows the framed page content (ie. your browser does not support yada yada). Now, I have reworked the links on the site to point to the absolute links (eg. http://l ameservice.ca/thiscompaniespage/index.html)

Anywho, how do I get those other pages spidered and indexed. I am also hosting a forum for them, how do I get that listed as their forum with it being a different url?

NewComputer, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  2. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    You should get rid of the the frames entirely, they are annoying for users, even if you do get them indexed correctly.

nullbit, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  3. flak

flak GoogleMonkey

Best Answers:
    if you are linking to a page it should get spidered (eventually) but as nullbit says it would be best to lose the frames.

flak, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  4. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, I know, but I am neither the owner of the company, domain or the servers, so there is not much I can do except try to get the pages indexed.

NewComputer, Feb 28, 2005 IP