1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting Facebook fans without paid advertising

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by pianogirl, May 4, 2015.

1. beninbro

beninbro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey PG,

What you are experiencing coincides with something many fan page owners are going through. And here's the thing....I know you're wanting unpaid FB fan generation and organic reach growth but the problem is that over the past year Facebook has been on a mission to severely curtail fan page owners' ability to do either.

Their goal is to get you to pay for results. If you do a Google search for Facebook reach decline, you'll see what I mean.

That being said it's an uphill battle but here are a few things you can do to tilt the odds in your favor.

1. Add your fan page to your email signature
    2. Include your fan page URL in your press release boiler plates
    3. Add your fan page to your business cards
    4. Make the page more prominent on your website
    5. Every now and then send your Twitter followers to specific fan page updates
    6. Offer exclusive promos through your fan page
    7. Run contests/giveaways through your fan page
    8. Blog about what you are doing with your fan page
    9. Here's one of my favs...Like the fan pages of folks in complimentary fields/if you mention another organization in your updates ALWAYS tag them
    10. Post interesting updates (I find that pictures, memes and videos do well)
    Do these things and you'll see some improvement. But the next thing you'll run into is low percentages of your fans actually seeing/liking your organic updates. This has been the goal of Facebook's Edgerank algorithm. But I've found a few ways to eke out decent results on organic updates.

While I won't bog you down with all of the details, here are three of the most important points to remember:

• The more engagement an item gets the more reach Facebook will give it.
    • You should seed all updates with at least a like from yourself, perhaps get a few good friends to hit like and then like the update--as a page, this should substantially ramp up your impressions.
    • Test the times that you publish items onto Facebook.
    Hope that helps. Let me know...

beninbro, May 15, 2015 IP