1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting content for my classifieds website

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by luden, Nov 19, 2014.

Hi,

I don't have much content for my classifieds website (who i recognize is not a great niche marketing), and i know it's not legal to copy and paste content from another website when you are not called Google )

So i thought about joining a community on facebook with people who could be interested to post ads on my classifieds website.

I could put a link on facebook communities like that:
    "If you wish to promote your business i can do it for you, just click the link to accept that"
    If they click i have the proof that they want me to post on my website
    So i can get new content for my website
    Do you think it's legal ?
    Regards
    Frank

luden, Nov 19, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As long as they understand that you will be putting ads up for them on your classified ads site and they click on the accept link, you should be all set from a legal perspective. I don't understand how you are going to get ads based upon someone clicking on your button, however.

jrbiz, Nov 21, 2014 IP
  3. Travis Lane

Travis Lane Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some of the larger classified websites actually have APIs you can use. Just find a way to organize the information better and/or offer something the other sites don't.

Travis Lane, Nov 23, 2014 IP
  4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    and that is what they want; When you use their API, you are advertising for them.
    not only that, you are simply posting duplicate ads, and I would imagine you
    would be the lowest ranking site on the planet, of course, using their API is
    not meant to be used forever, but to populate your site with ads.

starting a classifieds, forum or whatever these days is the worst thing anyone
    can do, there are popular ones that have been around for years, and the biggest
    thing I find out when people do this is that they are not coders, designers, so when
    they get the base model setup, then that is as far as they can go, then from
    there, pretty much nothing happens as the operator gets bored getting spam,
    then starts to realize this is not going to be the next big thing in his life he hoped for.....

dscurlock, Nov 27, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. Naina S

Naina S Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should fully understand that it is risky because if someone does not understand then they will not like it. It is better you post your classified ads in other classified websites.

Naina S, Dec 3, 2014 IP
  6. yesgee2000

yesgee2000 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just had launched a Classifides website as well as a freelancer website. Is anybody can suggest a way to get initial ads for the website to take off. I will sustain the website for long enough to catch up with other bigger guys. Give me your good suggestion or pm me

yesgee2000, Nov 8, 2015 IP
  7. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i think your link should say "advertise on our classified ads site - for free"

the way you say it, its like you are going to sell it for them yourself

pmf123, Nov 9, 2015 IP
  8. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I tried a few times to start classified sites, It's really hard, Today, So many people know the big players, Regarding content, How about trying to get family, Friends to post ads? Just a suggestion, Hope it goes well for you.

Best Regards
    J

phplduser, Jun 10, 2017 IP
  9. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    my comment above has not changed in 2 years.
    most people setting up these type of sites have little to no skills...
    and those that do have skills are smart enough not to compete with
    sites have been around much longer then them....

Even if you go with a niche site, assuming you picked good products, assuming
    your content and seo is good, then it may still take 1-3 years to see some real action...
    (and this really depends on how good you are, and how competitive the market is...)

Unless your site starts off on Social Media fire, then do not expect google to do
    much of anything for your new site within the first 6mo or so (sandbox period)
    just plan on the six month mark is when your site is really starting, because google
    is doing everything possible to weed out junk sites by making you wait longer, and longer.

If it were me, I would focus on setting up a niche site, you could always add forum/classified
    on the niche site later, but remember, those things may distract visitors even more....

it does not matter what type of site you setup...

1: expect to wait, wait, and wait....
    (nothing will happen over-night...)

2: Expect on-going Marketing / SEO

3: Expect on on-going content

4: Expect on "unexpected" expenses....

I have heard that people have spent $1000s of dollars on their site,
    some have made it, others lost all their investment in the wind....

WARNING:
    There are simply zero guarantees that anyone will succeed!!!
    and to be honest, google does not care if you make it or not...
    and google will take you down if you try to scheme your way through...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    dscurlock, Jun 10, 2017 IP