1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting a New Laptop Specifically For Internet Marketing, What Should I Get?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ascendancy, Jun 8, 2009.

I am looking at purchasing a new laptop that I would use only for my internet marketing, but I'm wondering what kind I should get? Preferably something portable, so maybe I can bring it to a friend's house or Borders with ease.

I was thinking one of the Dell Inspirons, but if anybody has any suggestions for a laptop hit me with it!

Ascendancy, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  2. StevieHawk

StevieHawk Peon

Best Answers:
    I picked up a HP G70 notebook at the start of this year for pretty cheap. I bought it with the intention of playing games as well though.

Dell Inspiron are a pretty good laptop. If you do intend to play games you will need a higher powered laptop. Internet Marketing is not very demanding on a computers resources. Any new laptop in stores will do the trick.

StevieHawk, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  3. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I'm not looking for gaming or anything too demanding. The most resource-hogging thing I would do with the computer is probably either recording desktop activity or video editing for YouTube / blogging.

Ascendancy, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  4. savvyproseo

savvyproseo Guest

Best Answers:
    I bought a Toshiba S1402 and would highly recommend it - 4+ hours on battery, 4 meg...and extremely fast.

savvyproseo, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  5. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There aren't special laptops for IM ... any one is good the skills count ...

w3bmaster, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  6. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Definately go with Dell as i am also going to buy a Dell for myself in a month or two.

DON.

deluxdon, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  7. VBK

VBK Peon

Best Answers:
    GO for hp.. its good.. since you are doing internet martketing i think you dont have high specifiactions. try for hp

VBK, Jun 8, 2009 IP
  8. Mr T-REX

Mr T-REX Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally hate video editing on a slow computer. I do use final cut pro though. If you use windows movie or similar anything new should be fine. Otherwise get a mac for video editing.

Mr T-REX, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  9. wilhb81

wilhb81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say Dell as well, as I owned a Dell laptop for over 5 years. So far, it didn't cause any problems and I very satisfy with it!

wilhb81, Jun 9, 2009 IP