1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting a Facebook business page not to appear

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by chrisj, Jan 27, 2015.

I'm interested in getting some insight on setting up a FaceBook business page.
    When you add in your business page info, like the address, will it show up on a list to all Facebook users in the local area (of that address), under something like the list that shows up now titled: "People You May Know", which shows people's thumbnail images (from my area possibly)? Or will the business page not appear in some type of "People You May Know" list? I was told that if I don't "like" my own business page, it won't appear anywhere. Do you know if that's true?
    The reason I ask is that I'd like to get my url as facebook.com/myurl, just to have it so no one else gets it, but I don't want it to be public until my web site is finished.
    Any insight you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

chrisj, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  2. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, it is most likely "[Your Friends Names] Liked These Pages" it will appear on something like "Pages You May Like"
    So, based on my observation, if your friends liked your page then your page will most likely appear on their walls as they liked it.
    I'm not sure though if it has something to do with paid advertisements.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jan 27, 2015 IP