1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting 600 uniques daily, looking to increase revenue

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by plonka, Aug 27, 2013.

Hi,

I run a bicycle blog for a couple years now and Im looking to increase it's revenues. It generates in average 600 unique visitors daily. I have adsense ads placed on it, but they usually generate about 1 - 2$ daily. I also sell advertising space (100 X 300 in the sidebar) for 10$/month. I didn't really focus on optimizing it's revenues before as it was more for fun. I have done some research about adsense optimisation and what I came across is that the 728 X 90 leatherboard at the top is the best option, along with the 90 X 728 banner in the sidebar. Right now I don't have adsense at the top because I've put an ad for a project I have going on instead. Also, I can't really figure out how much I could charge advertisers for space in my sidebar. One of my important criterias is that I don't want to ruin the user's experience by placing too many ads or putting them in annoying places. My website is www.the-rise.com.

All comments and opinions are more than welcome

plonka, Aug 27, 2013 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Change all your banner ads to text ads only. As a rule, text ads make a whole lot more. Make them stand out too (make the links show in blue or red).

qwikad.com, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  3. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ads closer to your text content do better than the stuff on the side bars.

Lex350, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  4. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why did you bump this? The post was posted in Aug 2013... the dude hasn't been back since: Nov 17, 2013. Waste of all our time.

thsadmin, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Oops. I didn't even look at the date. Who knows, maybe the OP will stop by some day and will be pleased to see a reply. By, yeah, wasted my time too.

qwikad.com, Mar 11, 2014 IP