1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getresponse Vs Aweber ?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by CBbox, Jun 6, 2008.

So, which one is better, I have done lot of research, someone says aweber sucks and others says getresponse sucks, which one is the best, what are you guys are using ? And I don't have a million dollar business, I can pay $20/month, I heard that aweber, we have to pay more if the list exceeds 500 ??? Does this goes with getresponse as well ? Which one should I join.

CBbox, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  2. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would use Aweber. It's actually known as the best auto-responder.....

bl4ckmaN^, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  3. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    *Aweber. I think it's 10K limit not 500 - forget though. Anyway, I look after clients that use both, and I have access to both on a regular.

* Functionality and navigation - Aweber just makes it 'easy' and stupid proof - I'm an 11 year veteran and getresponse still leaves me scratching my head in some corners...

* Delivery rate is better via aweber (grapevine anyway - can't quantify with my use).

* Aweber has a limiter/gage that tells you how close your message is getting to the 'spam' level as you add more text/pics/links/ etc. - It's a great little feature that maximizes delivery rates and protects you a bit.

* Putting together forms and altering them etc. is a piece of cake w/aweber - and even though you can remove the link manually - Get Response generates code with a "Form By GetResponse which links out - seems harmless but that's a disctraction and exit for important parts of your site, aweber leaves it clean and offers you two versions of code (I don't remember if GR does both versions ((java/nonjava)))).

* Other than that - it's just whatever a person gabs first and starts to learn - I'd say aweber is a 5star and GR is a 4.75star solution.

Cheers,
    NC.

NCMedia, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  4. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    Even though Aweber just had a large price increase I would recommend them over GR. NCMedia, the limit is 500 now, they changed their pricing structure drastically.

Gallito, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  5. CBbox

CBbox Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks NCmedia, I think I will join Aweber but seems like aweber would charge me huge!

CBbox, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  6. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say aweber, but they just recently had a major change in their structure. They're obviously going after a new market. $19/month for 500 subscribers. Might as well go with getresponse.

Supper, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  7. NCMedia

Best Answers:
    500?! Oh wow - I better go do some looking around in my account - i just might owe them a ton of money now - yay.. . ... Thanks in turn for the heads up.

N.

NCMedia, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  8. TheForexGuy

TheForexGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    heh! Time to build my own php/MySQL double opt in system!

Do my own list marketing!!!!

Tom Howell
    www.GoForexTrade.com

TheForexGuy, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  9. grover69

grover69 Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought the new pricing structure was only if you wanted some of their new analytic reporting? Am I wrong?

grover69, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  10. NCMedia

Best Answers:
    Just chatted with their tech -

norb: I just want to know what plan I am on and what I am paying please :)

Ron Givens: Welcome to Live Support.

Ron Givens: 53.85 = quarterly

Ron Givens: next invoice is due on 7-5-08

norb: and what's my limit of emails allowed?

Ron Givens: No limit

Ron Givens: after 10,000 it's 9.95 per 10,000 per month

norb: :) thank you sir

**If you can get to 10K - you should be able to monetize that list well (if you collected buyers esp!). If you have 100K - it's $100/month - that's is a good investment - we just did a 27K sendout - and boy oh boy = money...

NC.

NCMedia, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  11. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am using AWeber (and have been for a few years), I am very satisfied with the system and with their support.

- Jens

slymarketing, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  12. grover69

grover69 Peon

Best Answers:
    At that price point 9.95 is totally worth it. Can't wait till I get to that point!

grover69, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  13. Elward

Elward Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm still paying what I've always paid with Aweber. I think the price change is only for those that are just starting with Aweber.

I also have a free account with Monster Response. Got 2,000 subscribers through them. For free it's great, but if I ever had to choose I would definitely go with Aweber.

Elward, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  14. alexs464

alexs464 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aweber is great but I think they've just lost tons of potential clients with their new limit of 500... I haven't looked around for the info but I signed up for it when the limit was I believe at 10 000... but wow, I am surprised with that kind of move from Aweber.

alexs464, Jun 6, 2008 IP
  15. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    A few weeks ago I would have told you AWeber, that's what I use. But GetResponse is also one of the top companies and they aren't that bad actually, they can just be a bit bulky to work with at times. But, they're actually cheaper than what AWeber used to and it's like $18 a month or something.

AWeber is the best but way more expensive, GetResponse are still really good and they're cheaper.

Up to you mate.

lemonarian, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  16. kingbrend

kingbrend Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like getresponse, I've been using them for years now and they haven't failed me yet. It seems all my emails get through without an issue. It does take some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, you're golden. :)

kingbrend, Jun 7, 2008 IP
  17. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Aweber are so expensive now :(

Lastbutnotleast, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  18. emon878

emon878 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guys don't fret about aweber the new price increase applies to new aweber customers
    however they still have Private Labels of aweber such as prosender.com that still
    operates on the old pricing. Its a private label its the exact same look, feel and deliverability
    as aweber but with the old price and no new anylistics that come with the new price at aweber.

emon878, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  19. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Any confirmation?

Lastbutnotleast, Jun 11, 2008 IP
  20. BBS

BBS Guest

Best Answers:
    I currnelty use Awebur, and yes the $20 a month does limit you to a list size of 500, but I think the next run of the ladder $30, gives you 2,500.

Going in a slightly different direction, I have recently been looking at a "free" alternative to these services in the form of SendStudio (by free I obviously mean no monthly subscriptions - just the intial purchase price). Does anyone have any experience with this product, and how it performs, and is it really a viable alternative?

Or are there any other options available along the lines of SendStudio that anyone could recommend?

BBS, Jun 11, 2008 IP