1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getafreelancer (Freelancer.com, GAF) Rip Off

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by qwertyuiop[, Nov 9, 2009.

1. munier

munier Member

Best Answers:
    I recently posted a project on Freelancer.com
    THIS is the most horrible freelance website in the world...

The charge money for every step you make ...
    And they lie alot aswell..

They say: " Post a 5$ refundale project " .

After I posted my project and cancelled it, they only refunded 10% of my money, and they didn't even tell me that it would cost me ( They said it was free ).

Besides that they charge for literally everything you do there...

Depositing money, withdrawing money, posting a project, accepting a project etc etc...

munier, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  2. Jansencorp

Jansencorp Peon

Best Answers:
    OK - so they really dropped a clanger on this one and the fact that they have had several years to put this right and they haven't suggests they have no intention of doing so...

So my question to you is - since most of us on there are from the web world - why dont we just use their entire business model as a "worst practice" example and build what they should have built in the first place?

Anyone interested in getting involved in something like this?

Also - if you are not in Australia - don't forget to email or write to Australian Emb in your country about the issues you are having - it will get back home for sure =))

Best wishes,

D.

Jansencorp, Mar 8, 2011 IP
  3. SSC

SSC Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried elance, freelancer etc...
    But, i have got my first project through oDesk and there are some in pipeline
    So, oDesk is best for me so far (its not buyer centric, its not customer centric as well and this is what i like most about oDesk)

SSC, Mar 11, 2011 IP
  4. Freelancer.com

Freelancer.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Under ordinary circumstances Freelancer.com does not reply to specific user customer support issues on public forums. We have a 24 hour support team, dedicated to addressing individual concerns. We encourage users to log support tickets directly via our site or by emailing customer-support (we are restricted from entering links on digital point but you can find the address on our site).

In this particular circumstance, we have chosen to comment on Mr Nitin Naresh's erratic behaviour and outlandish complaints with the following:

Mr Nitin Naresh is a former user of Freelancer who is under investigation for having harassed, threatened and made defamatory remarks about individual members of our staff. Mr Naresh's complaints are patently false, fabricated and contain absurd yet serious allegations.

We at Freelancer have an obligation to conduct our business in accordance with all applicable rules, regulations or laws. Violations of our Code of Conduct and of our policies or procedures will result in disciplinary action, up to and including account termination. Freelancer can not and will not tolerate the actions of Mr Naresh or any of our members who do not abide by our Terms of Service.

Our Terms of Service can be found in the footer of our site.

You can write to us at

Postal address:
    Freelancer.com
    P.O. Box 1121
    Double Bay NSW 1360
    Australia

Freelancer.com, Mar 13, 2011 IP
  5. SEOBoss

SEOBoss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Elance, Rentacoder, O-desk, Guru, PeoplePerHour There are plenty of Platforms to use but always stay away from this RipOff.

They are provider friendly, If you're buyer, once you deposit money, they'll treat like its their money. Support team is also weird.

SEOBoss, Mar 18, 2011 IP
  6. DhrubaJyotiDeka

DhrubaJyotiDeka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I could be better if you had a Phone support.

I am also in GAF, and I do not have problem from GAF itself. One thing is sure, as their are tons of cheaters as freelancers, there are tons of cheaters as buyers also.

Be it GAF, eLance or oDesk, all depends on how you work.

BTW, eLance scopes of works are too poor. Too limited bids.

In GAF, buyers often hire a newcomer too(who has no review).
    But in eLance, you do not have that scope.

DhrubaJyotiDeka, Mar 27, 2011 IP
  7. Nickolson

Nickolson Peon

Best Answers:
    You are so naive man...This phone support would be as useful as this "live support" chat. Knowing them, they would charge like 10 bucks for a minute of this idiot partyline.The customer support just do not care. They claim they have no access to cases, to reviewing them or to make any action... always ask to wait for decision. Whose decision? Ahhh... that cannot be told as it is secret.Freelancer.com IS A SCAM! Why? For money I pay I expect some reasonable service! If you do not care for serving me (like getting the reason of account suspension known within hours and getting my account reactivated within... undefined time) I say you ARE SCAMMERS! I do expect service, not some dumb chat which always ends with phrase below:"Thank you for contacting Freelancer.com. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions or concerns." NO MATTER WHETHER I CONSIDER MY CASE TO BE RESOLVED OR NOT! You claimed to make freelancing safe... I didn't have as many issues with customers (even though I work this way for years) as I had with Freelancer.comAnd I am not describing any case in detail. I just say that customer support of freelancer.com is a pack of dumb schmucks!

Nickolson, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  8. sekhar203

sekhar203 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have used the services of odesk, freelancer etc...and i have got my first project from elance....but i heard both odesk, freelancer are also good...

sekhar203, Oct 16, 2012 IP