1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getacoder is a big scam!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by inostore, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Peter_Wilson

Peter_Wilson Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been working as a freelancer in several websites, including GetACoder and thus far it has been a pleasant experience. I like Freelancer as well, but when it comes to choosing between those two, I rather go for GetACoder because it's more user friendly.
    Also, I must say some comments about fees aren't accurate as fee charged per job won isn't that high and if you want to pay less, then upgrade to Premium because Premium freelancers pay lower fees. Well, that's what I did and it really pays off in the long run.
    gacnailer I've had my account suspended once as well, right after I registered my account with them. I wasn't aware of their rules and I broke them unintentionally. Back then I contacted their support team and they made me aware of the breach. My account was reinstated rather promptly and everything has been running smoothly since then. Overall, I guess that GetACoder is worth a try.

Peter_Wilson, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  2. gweiser2011

gweiser2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    GetaCoder is a joke. I was a vWorker user until the sold out to freelancer. I now operate my own site where I still work with my old clients. GetaCoder charged me 9 dollars for a 40 dollar job, not counting the cost to transfer money to my account, then told me I cannot get my money until I have 5 ratings because . . . they do not take Paypal from US customers, but they will sure try to withdraw it from a US based account. Their site is bland with no professionalism. inostore, from what I read above, if the allegations are not true, you have a defamation suit. Since vWorker closed, freelancers are scrambling to find work. Their site was professional, there was more interaction between freelancers and employers, and the customer service was excellent. It is too bad I came across GetaCoder. Now I have what is left of a small project sitting in their pockets.

gweiser2011, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  3. Laowensjr

Laowensjr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey guys. I noticed these are from 2012. But as of 2014 getacoder is not doing business like this. They suspended my account when I mistakenly disclosed my contact details on one of my portfolio's project. But I emailed them and they replied back within 12 hours with a detailed response. And they released my funds of $1000 I received from a customer as a milestone payment. So far it's just business as it should on getacoder. I am happy with their service very easy to use.

Laowensjr, Oct 17, 2014 IP
  4. Agni Shukla

Agni Shukla Member

Best Answers:
    Yes today i faced similar issue. i got one job worth $4100 , i completed it. But I placed a withdrawal request, but in 5 days I didn't got my money. After I contacted them I have learnt that they just found an excuse not to pay me!!!!! They required the evidences of ALL works I have performed!

Attached Files:

• docg.JPG
      docg.JPG
      File size:
      61.1 KB
      Views:
    Agni Shukla, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  5. Laowensjr

Laowensjr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For your own sake, remove this post or you will never get your money. They will work with you but they definitely frown upon negative comments about their business. I hope you understand where I am coming from.

Laowensjr, Jan 29, 2015 IP
  6. Agni Shukla

Agni Shukla Member

Best Answers:
    I dont care about these scammers. they steal my money.

Agni Shukla, Jan 30, 2015 IP
  7. vselluk

vselluk Member

Best Answers:
    really.. i worked with it 2 years back i dont know how it is right now

vselluk, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  8. zamin

zamin Peon

Best Answers:
    it is down few days now

zamin, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  9. MjrLeo

MjrLeo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for warning !!!

MjrLeo, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  10. mascot

mascot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the freelancer sites are fraud. Never deposit your money unless you earn even $100/M from the site while working. If you manage to earn few dollars go for the premium account. DO NOT BUY ANY PLANS when you SIGN-UP on any such websites.

mascot, Aug 11, 2015 IP
  11. haimianbaobao

haimianbaobao Peon

Best Answers:
    Wutong old will become fine, why should turtle hair be three feet. In addition to pretending to spread rumors, the eloquent plague turtle changes tricks to trick the ants into continuing to invest in their unfinished "chicken line", and tricks the ants who are about to get refunds from the SEC to fall into the scam and hand over their hard-earned money to themselves. in the sac. On the other side, they boasted that Xi Coin can carry out loans in many countries in the world, and tempted the ants to continue to buy coins. The cunning Benggui said in the live broadcast of Gait that the new platform committee made a decision to postpone the investment project until the end of the year until all the comrades in arms had refunded all the refunds of the old chairs. All his hard-earned wealth was collected in his pocket, and he carried out a second fortune scam. Then the plague tortoise with many tricks and mysteries claimed that the world economy would collapse and no one would be spared. But the comrades who already have Xi Coin can survive the disaster and sit back and relax. Guo Wengui promised the ants a huge return with a lot of lies, and the purpose was to induce the ants to invest in the "chicken family" and continue to accumulate money. Guo Juli is so hungry and desperate to make money, because the bankruptcy court hearing on April 27 is about to start, and he will be imprisoned at any time. Before being imprisoned, he cut the ants with a slash to pay a huge fine and avoid the pain of prison. I hope the ants will be more vigilant and don't send money to the tortoise again, otherwise it will be too late to regret it.

haimianbaobao, Sep 1, 2022 IP