1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getacoder is a big scam!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by inostore, Oct 12, 2010.

KEEP YOUR MONEY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! GETACODER STEALS THE MONEY OF THEIR CUSTOMERS! ALL MY ACQUAINTED FREELANCERS HAVE BEEN CHEATED BY THIS COMPANY TOO!
    I placed a withdrawal request, but in 5 days I didn’t got my money. After I contacted them I have learnt that they just found an excuse not to pay me!!!!! They required the evidences of ALL works I have performed! And this is despite the fact that I had 100% positive feedbacks!!! It was obvious that they just try to own my money. I promised my buyers not to share the details of the work I have done for them and this contradicts the rules of my company. I told getacoder that I will not send them anything and they suspended my account!!! I already had a bad experience of working with GAC before:
    After I placed my first withdrawal they required docs
    Then they sent me a verification letter to my physical address.
    And….
    EVEN AFTER I CONFIRMED MY IDENTITY THEY JUST SUSPENDED MY ACCOUNT (!) FOR A HALF OF A YEAR!!!!
    When I asked them the reason they just told me THAT IS FOR MY SECURITY!!! And my account has potentially high risk. But the only risk they took was paying me and this is obvious that they didn’t want to do it. But they told me they will send me my money after my account will be unblocked, so I decided to wait 6 months. But even after 6 months I found out that they haven’t sent me anything! I contacted them and in 3 (!) days I got a response. Something like “oh, we will pay you, don’t worry”.
    BUT THEY SENT ME MY MONEY IN A MONTH INSTEAD OF 5 DAYS!!!!! So I had been waiting for money I have earned for 8 months!!! And now I face the same problem!!!
    NOW IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THEY ARE SCAMMERS AND THEY JUST LOOK FOR A REASON TO OWN THE FREELANCER’S MONEY!!! SO KEEP AWAY FROM THESE CHEATERS!

inostore, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  2. milupas

milupas Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this warning. Sorry for you dude.

milupas, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  3. M.IMRAN

M.IMRAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ewww....................horrible!!!!!!!!

M.IMRAN, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  4. GWiz

GWiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Short of filing a small claims suit to get your money back (if the amount is worth it), you can also try filing a complaint with the BBB.

GWiz, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  5. captkrackerjack

captkrackerjack Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this and personally I would stick to freelance companies that are well known such as Elance and Vworker, which used to be Rent a Coder (sounds familiar). I have never heard of Get a Coder. If it matters I use Elance and sometimes vWorker for getting freelance work and all the freelancers seem to love it on those sites. If you are a designer I have used 99designs.com for some logo work as well and I can say its a good service but only from a buyers perspective. Hope my input has helped and thanks for the warning!

captkrackerjack, Oct 13, 2010 IP
    smlie4 likes this.
  6. inostore

inostore Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for help, guys. I haven't received my money yet, and their website is not working for 2 days already. I found out that they had held all withdrawal requests placed recently and now have closed.
    Here are the comments from their facebook wall:
    Qoute:
    " Yesterday I had to receive my withdrawal but after i entered getacoer I found out that my request was held by getacoder. Now I understand they just have decided to collect money of their customers before they close their project=(((. GETACODER IS SCAM!!! RETURN ME MY MONEY!!!!!!"
    Quote:
    "WEBSITE IS NOT WORKING!!!!!!
    I CAN'T ACCESS MY MONEY!!!!
    STILL NO RESPONSE
    SCAM !!! SCAM !!! SCAM !!!"

inostore, Oct 15, 2010 IP
    smlie4 likes this.
  7. GetACoder Team

GetACoder Team Peon

Best Answers:
    Note that this complaint submitted by inostore is an invention of this user who has been banned from our platform due to Irregular activities such as hacking and Money Laundry. After an investigation we verified that the person under the username "inostore" belongs to a gang called "Gang of Zeus". Few weeks ago GetACoder was under a DDOS attack made by this gang who caused damages to our business. Their fraudulent activities consisted of depositing funds using PayPal or MoneyBookers on a GetACoder account and then sending these funds to other GetACoder accounts for fake projects in order to withdraw funds through payment options like GetACoder/Payoneer debit master card or Wire Transfer. Once we detected this irregular activity we immediately suspended the user inostore as well as other related accounts which failed to cooperate with our investigation, they didn't provide documents or evidences that the jobs awarded through GetACoder were actually completed.

For further information about this issue please read: http://www.getacoder.com/blog/?p=923"

GetACoder Team, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  8. smlie4

smlie4 Peon

Best Answers:
    If someone is doing scams I don't think they are going to waste their time starting a forum thread and write what looks like it has taken over 30minutes to write plus all the googling they probably did to find out why they are banned. If they were fraudsters I am sure they have been and business for sometime and they would have know straight away. Fraudsters usually only operate accounts for 1 or 2 weeks before dumping themselves.

This is my recent experience with GetaCoder.
    I submitted my 3 project on GetaCoder last night and now I can't access the website using my static IP, I have tried from all computers in my house on that use same IP address and can't access website. If I access site from a different IP like my mobile phone I can access site fine, I used a IP cloaker which let me get onto site. It is pretty obvious my IP has been banned WTF I am a small work from home business person hardly ever use the site now I can't access my project that I submitted. No email from getacoder to say why just blocked me.

Are your investigations going to say I am some kind of international Cartel as well.

Also I can't blame him for thinking Getacoder is a scam site. It is very basic and looks like it was set up on a very budget. In fact as I am typing alarm bells are going off in my head. It might be a semi legit site, but if it is poorly managed and poor communication, can I afford to have $100 - $1000 held if for some reason they decide to block my account. Absolutely not!

smlie4, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  9. inostore

inostore Peon

Best Answers:
    These fraudsters have no conscienceat at all!
    Besides the fact they have banned me and stole all my money (!) they have brought this ridiculous accusation!!! I don't launder money, to claim otherwise, you must provide proof of your words!!!
    But you can't provide any proof, you lie all the time you excist! All of your assertion is simply nonsense and twaddle.
    I am not a part of any gang, I am a freelancer. And I was cheated by this company. Even after this they did not hesitate to accuse me of cheating without any evidence!!
    Keep away of this company, they are great cheaters. If you doubt, you can just type "getacoder scam" in google and you will find LOTS OF evidences that what I say is truth!

inostore, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  10. →» ρяιη¢є «←

→» ρяιη¢є «← Peon

Best Answers:
    Thankzzz For The Notice ......

11. d002010wilson

d002010wilson Peon

Best Answers:
    There should be a law against this one. The effort spent on working is not that easy. That's why we are working in order to be paid, not to be scammed.

d002010wilson, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  12. aksrocks69

aksrocks69 Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks for the headup

sorry to hear this from you

aksrocks69, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  13. SalmanAbbas007

SalmanAbbas007 Peon

Best Answers:
  14. MaverickUK

MaverickUK Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone who has anything to do with DDOS attacks deserve the death penalty. I highly doubt that Get a Coder would ban you without absolute proof - as they will be losing out on money too, in the long run. You type like a Romanian, so i wouldn't be surprised at all if you were part of the Zeus Botnet. I've had tonnes of issues in the past with DDOS attacks, and they're not nice at all, you certainly deserve everything that comes to you.

MaverickUK, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  15. inostore

inostore Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey morons do you have any proofs I am hacker... Of course no.

You are just mad monkees who post drivel for a small donation... Do not forget to swallow after you are done sucking getacoder ;)

inostore, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  16. Malrook

Malrook Peon

Best Answers:
    Ouch some real fire power from both sides of this debate. But at the end of the day its going to be up to the person if you think you can only do sub par work you'll go to a site that is sub par to find jobs. I would recommend that anyone trying to make a good living doing online programming should go to Vworker.com for there job needs.

Malrook, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  17. blake_jl

blake_jl Peon

Best Answers:
    99Designs take a nice chunk of the money. I have been a buyer on there a few times. IMO 99Designs is good from 99Designs perspective. As a buyer you will get better work, or at least a guaranteed design you will love compared to some of the crap I have been given on RAC, but compared to RAC it is more expensive.

blake_jl, Dec 5, 2010 IP
  18. angel1977

angel1977 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys:

I think it is very clear!!, there was not such supposed attack, do you want to know the real reason they are offline? I will reveal it and this will prove getacoder is just lying, they are liars. i'm gonna unface them

THEY DID NOT RENEW THE DOMAIN, THEY LOST THE DOMAIN.

IMO they just shut down the business

Judge it by yourselves: go to any domain checker site like
    http://cqcounter.com/whois/
    Then type www.getacoder.com and you'll see the domain expired on 16-Aug-2010!!!

any comment??

angel1977, Dec 25, 2010 IP
  19. gowdemon

gowdemon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    GetACoder is the worst service of its kind. I have worked as a freelancer in many sites, including, Elance, Freelancer and more. GetACoder can't even get close to them, because of their shitty service, and if you are a free user and works on only small projects, they will literally rob you of all the money you earn. 

For instance if i earn 60$ in Elance i will be paid 55$, they take 5$ commission. Fair enough.
    Where as in GetACoder, if i make 60, they will take 15$ as commission. Once, i did a 30$ project and got only 19$. And that's not the end of it, it's an all new battle if you want to withdraw your hard earned money.

Their withdrawal conditions suck ass.

Paypal: Only available for like 15 countries. 
    Moneybookers: Need 5 Seller ratings and at least 9/10 rating. 
    Pecunix: Need 5 Seller ratings and at least 9/10 rating. 
    Bank Wire:Need 5 Seller ratings and at least 9/10 rating. Plus, the transaction fees is 1.2% + $30 USD to 3.4% + $30 USD.

Seriously,WTF! What if i have done only 2 projects and want to withdraw? Or what if i have more than 5 seller ratings and my average is only 8/10? These rules are clearly set to steal your money.

And in case of Bank Wire, if you have earned say 100$ and they took 20$ commission and when you withdraw the money, they will take more 30$. So this means, if you make 100$, they will take 50$ in total if you prefer bank wire transaction.

They are scumbags, thieves and liars! 

So, my fellow DigitalPoint users do not ever ever ever ever ever go to GetACoder, stick to reputed sites like Elance, Freelancer and so on..... 

gowdemon, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  20. gacnailer

gacnailer Peon

Best Answers:
    one advice: stay out of getacoder
    GetACoder : This site is a fraud, stay away from it, or you will be doing like me posting your horror story!. I had proposed 2 projects, and once i put some escrow payment (550$) for a developer they closed my account for made up reasons, and kept the money. This website provide 3 phone numbers for customer service which are just there to make you feel more trustful, but you only get their answering machine.
    Don t waste your time here, it s a SCAM !

gacnailer, Aug 30, 2011 IP