1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Get the top 10 simply by having the right domain name

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by gregdavidson, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    All that shows is extremely poor seo by your competitor. If you think thats not the case, I'll be happy to prove otherwise - post the url and i'll make his site rank 1st.

Vic_mackey, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  2. edual200

edual200 Active Member

Best Answers:
    are you talking to me? if so well sure if he seo's his site he would get a higher spot but then that would mean your seo work got him #1 not his domain.

edual200, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  3. Vic_mackey

Vic_mackey Banned

Best Answers:
    Can you share the url? Rather than you doing something well, your competitor is doing something extremely wrong if he's being outranked by you like that.

Vic_mackey, Jan 12, 2009 IP
  4. seoservice1

seoservice1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it not 100% correct, when we search computers at Google then apple.com come on top. it is right when you purchase long keywords phrase in domain, then it will be very supportive

seoservice1, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  5. Jeremy Morgan

Jeremy Morgan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, that was part of my point. :) What I'm saying is, yes I agree domain names help rank, but they can be limiting as well. In some cases, if your domain contains your company name or something memorable it's more valuable than where-to-buy-san-diego-barkdust.com. Lets say the client sells more gravel than barkdust now, and now they're stuck with trying to optimize a barkdust url for gravel, which can be tougher, not to mention in looks kind of funny.

Jeremy Morgan, Jan 14, 2009 IP
    long island insurance likes this.
  6. long island insurance

long island insurance Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for being really off-topic here, but Jeremy, I liked your post, but when i clicked on your website - it wouldn't load (said "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage").

long island insurance, Jan 14, 2009 IP
    Jeremy Morgan likes this.
  7. dotWdot

dotWdot Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL!! your domain does factor in but in the big boys league its not a huge % factor

dotWdot, Jan 14, 2009 IP
  8. Jeremy Morgan

Jeremy Morgan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, thanks for pointing that out. I'm installing a wiki and apparently I screwed up the .htaccess somehow and didn't know it. Thanks!

Jeremy Morgan, Jan 14, 2009 IP