1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Get the Non-Watermarked Image

Discussion in 'Programming' started by HRA, Mar 5, 2015.

Hi,

Please check this code:
    <li class="lazy" data-original="//static.motors.com.mm/eIG0HWajsCehiAktcmp6EUQo8N0=/fit-in/800x444/filters:watermark(http://static.motors.com.mm/OvmFV_BN5JYw0f4voKEVGVyud6Q=/800x444/WATERMARK/motors.png,0,0,0)/MM/TO002CA48FVZINTCARMM/Toyota_Probox_2008_11aad96610c1461c4af440e3e2b36c45.jpg" style="background-image: url('/images/relaunch/loading-icon.svg');"></li>
    Code (markup):
    Is it possible to determine the link of the original image from this?
    I assume it should be there as they implemented this code few days ago and I see the same watermark from the entries posted way before that.
    So my guess is original image is somewhere in there untouched, but somehow this code shows just the watermark in front of the image.

Thanks

HRA, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    In theory, it should be enough to remove the filter:-bit

PoPSiCLe, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  3. PDD

PDD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, I think it's static or something. But maybe.

It uses this:
    https://github.com/thumbor/thumbor/wiki/Watermark
    So maybe if you check out how that works you could find the original URL of the image

PDD, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Seems it's either a rewrite or a replacement - the original image might not even be available anymore (but it probably is, somewhere) - what they seem to be doing is replace the original image (which has the title in the link), with an image with a filter / watermark on it. Why the finished url is so ugly, I've no idea. Haven't been arsed to look at the Githug-code that much, but something is really amiss if that is the replacement URL they give. :D

PoPSiCLe, Mar 5, 2015 IP