1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Get PR via API?

Discussion in 'Google API' started by Phil Tanny, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    its projects like this i really like cause i learn the most from the fun ones ;)

dont give up so easy... take some mild sedatives and relax

Shoemoney, Dec 2, 2005 IP
  2. HN Will

HN Will Guest

Best Answers:
    DigitalPoints post at the beginning is correct. You cannot get PR from the Google API.

HN Will, Dec 3, 2005 IP
  3. execute

execute Peon

Best Answers:
    I was successful in using curl and XML to send google API with my key (but it seems theres a 1000 limit per day to it, which is annoying and defeats purpose of an API >_>) but my host doesnt have curl installed >_<, so i can only use it in localhost. What i was really hoping for is extra params, like client or something (to get PR), but i couldn't figure it out.

But i guess its good for making searches...

execute, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  4. george23

george23 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello.

I was recently looking for google pagerank api for one of my personal projects. I found this site (http://www.temesoft.com/google-pagerank-api.jsp) where they give out java api for google pagerank functionality. They also have the php version.

Thanks.

george23, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  5. multippt

multippt Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get PageRank information by querying the server through a specific URL.
    http://toolbarqueries.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&client=navclient-auto-ff&hl=en&ch=(CHECKSUM)&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&features=Rank&q=info:(URL)
    Code (markup):
    You'll have to look for the checksum code on your own. You can request the page via fsockopen. (Before you rush to play with your new-found knowledge, I urge you to read the paragraph below.)

However, Google would block the IP address of the server, preventing the code to work (if the code is server-side). How you overcome this is up to you. ;)

The Google TOS does not permit automated retrieval of PageRank.

multippt, Nov 15, 2007 IP
  6. BrianR2

BrianR2 Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually, Google doesn't block the retrieval of pagerank via a server-side script. I have tested a php version on different servers and I've been using one for a long time without any blocking. The only problem is that some servers don't calculate the checksum value properly which was mentioned here where I got the script http://www.googlecommunity.com/scripts/google-pagerank.php and verified by my own tests on different servers.

BrianR2, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  7. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    Jeremy, that's funny coming from you, the person who created the lamest affiliate program of 2007 "Auction-Ads" and found a chump like Patrick Gavin to take it off your hands for a nice chunk of change in your pocket.

Man, you and Dilsmack couldn't even parse eBay's RSS feed properly (and we're talking PHP, not C/C++) . Hey, Jer (Shoe) ask me sometime and I'll teach you how to parse an RSS feed properly and show you *my* eBay affiliate product that BLOWS your former project away.

anyway, not dissing you all the way Jer, you're a good guy IMHO but you got that greed syndrome coursing through your veins. I guess it comes from being a systems administrator for a corporate entity (been there, done that).

btw, what sedatives are you taking Jer? I'd bet you're on one or more of the following... Adderal, alapazolam, Diazepam... maybe Zoloft, Prozac ???

Hey, that just gave me a great idea for my next blog post after Thanksgiving. Guess what prescription medication Shoemoney, Problogger and John Chow are on...

:cool:

Peace out, and have a Happy Thanksgiving... we still love ya shoe even if you gave birth to the biggest affiliate abortion of 2007.

Bryce, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  8. BrianR2

BrianR2 Guest

Best Answers:
    That was totally off-topic, obvious self-promotion and full of ad-hominem attacks not to mention insulting to the mental health community. Mods, if you see this, please delete that post and my post...thanks. (he probably won't even see this since his post is from like 2 years ago)

BrianR2, Nov 22, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  9. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree.

minstrel, Nov 22, 2007 IP
    BrianR2 likes this.
  10. NeoAkenz

NeoAkenz Banned

Best Answers:
    lol, this is a funny but interesting topic

NeoAkenz, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  11. JochenVandeVelde

JochenVandeVelde Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't retrieve PR from the API

JochenVandeVelde, Nov 25, 2007 IP
  12. aniru

aniru Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know that fetching google page rank is violation of google guideline? only google toolbar should fetch the pagerank according to google and those millions of sites that are using scripts to fetch pr are violating google guideline. This is from google guideline page "Don't use unauthorized computer programs to submit pages, check rankings, etc. Such programs consume computing resources and violate our Terms of Service. Google does not recommend the use of products such as WebPosition Goldâ„¢ that send automatic or programmatic queries to Google".

Funny part of all this is google is surviving using content of others and its making billions using those content, it doesn't have its own contents, every day it query's your site, overloading it and they talk about TOS? They give you meaning less rank, people run behind the rank and one day they penalize you and says you violated google TOS!

aniru, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  13. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to 1996.

minstrel, Jun 16, 2010 IP
  14. jtGraphic

jtGraphic Peon

Best Answers:
    Does this still work? I'm getting forbidden errors from both PHP and PERL. Oh, and the browser too. Is it the checksum that I need to find? Just looking for someone that knows more than I do :p

jtGraphic, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  15. jtGraphic

jtGraphic Peon

Best Answers:
    Did that ever happen?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    jtGraphic, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  16. noame

noame Member

Best Answers:
    It is my method. Find a PR checker site that does not require security code.
    and fetch the site programmatically in PHP.
    it is more secured.

noame, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  17. jtGraphic

jtGraphic Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually worked up a script to do it and built it into one of my sites: toolerific.com

No captcha or anything. It's in a div id="value" - so you could preg_match it pretty easy. The code is on my blog too if you want to set up your own. Blog is: jtgraphic.net

jtGraphic, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  18. hostimizer

hostimizer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if any one got this method plz share

hostimizer, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  19. darapmonsta

darapmonsta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can e-mail the author of the hotscript script to find out from him. It says in their documentation that they calculate based on a checksum as well. The code is a bit of a mish mash. I changed the "eval" to an "echo" statement to get it to spit out the code, but it was pretty unreadable. They've taken pains to obfuscate it to the point where I would just send them an e-mail if I was really interested. .... ... ..

darapmonsta, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  20. Suhana Shaik

Suhana Shaik Member

Best Answers:
    Please somebody can send me the detailed source code to check the Google pagerank...Pleaseeeeeeee

Suhana Shaik, Dec 2, 2010 IP