1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Get paid more

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by dyadvisor, Jul 21, 2010.

1. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    J3rr grunt above:

The average sentence in professional writing is thirteen words.-------- I see---- "I can't find out anymore than that but I am guessing that it is some sort of physical impairment that sometimes allows him to write grammatically correctly and sometimes not?" and "If Dyadvisor wants to challenge people to a writing contest with bad grammar and non sensical sentences in his text then he is obviously open to criticism and I am sure he wouldn't like to be treated any differently because of a disability."

That does not show talent, and if your are going to promote your "friend's" website, both of you need serious help. Also what is this new word "non sensical?" That spelling or creation is definitely creative.

dyadvisor, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  2. j3rr3my8

j3rr3my8 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well how could creation not be creative!!!!!

If you're going to criticise me, you had better think pretty carefully about your own sentences

Of course you're clutching at straws. I accidentally added a space to nonsensical - something that has or makes no sense; unintelligible language; drivel - big deal. Look at your own posts and if you think you're going to be highlighting just one mistake then you are sorely mistaken.

To be honest though, it doesn't matter how many mistakes I make here because I am not harping on about the fact that I think everyone should be paid more money for their articles!! I am perfectly happy with what I get paid, and I live in England, which means that I have a higher cost of living than pretty much all of you if you live outside of England. Obviously I'm making enough money from my articles to not have an issue with the pay I receive from people. Read into that what you will.

j3rr3my8, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  3. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then why are you coming into a thread talking about making more money when you do not need to?

gvannorman, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  4. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    BS, come here to the Netherlands, only a few hours away and just as expensive, if not more.

Kraven2, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  5. j3rr3my8

Best Answers:
    Yeah I'll give you that. A few European countries are expensive to live in. The average price for a house in my local town is £300,000!! That's a lot of Euro's for anyone who is not up on their currencies!! I haven't been to the Netherlands, but I have been to France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Greece, Turkey and Austria and with the exception of Austria they are all cheaper to live in than England.

j3rr3my8, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  6. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    USA was affordable until all of these tax changes hit us...not to mention how much the government is spending, blah. PayPal is loving the tax changes.

DreamingBig, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  7. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Grunt j3rr: Who cares if you live in England? As an excerpt of British origin states, "Personally sir, I don't give a bloody damn."

You cannot even pay my utility bills and property taxes on my home and land. However, that is not the issue of my OP.

All this is avoidance of that fact, that I showed about on your sentence usage.

People I am helping in in India, the Philippines, or the Ukraine, have no problem with that. Yet, after "all your money" and "quality", you still cannot.

You seem to want pity, well pity yourself. All these other people want is an an opportunity and proven guidance. None of these, you have shown a willingness to share.

It is with my "proof", by personal experience, that qualifies me to help others that desire to be helped.

Often a person with a closed mind is their worst enemy. It has nothing to do with country, housing prices, or economics. When learning stops, so does earning potential. That, by the way, is one of the main intentions of my post you are on.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    dyadvisor, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  8. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wait till you meet our taxes :D you will never complain about the UK again :D

Kraven2, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  9. guna

guna Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good Thread,

There should be some standards set as far as the writing goes. You certainly have to do a research before writing an article. The issue is how long do you need a research if you are writing for SEO purposes or say a blog.

From my point of view a "How To" article or a "Things to know" article doesn't take much time for a research compared to a "White Paper" or "Case Study"

It would be a great if you writers can write on a general topic ( Recession and its effects on US citizen) for 200 words, publish here with your rates so that people can see the value for money..

Cheers

guna, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  10. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    You're just so full of yourself, aren't you JEREMIAH? You need a hand with that huge chunk of chip on your shoulders? Perhaps then you could get down from your high horse and start being a little more humble and respectful of others?

Does listing all those countries make you proud? Does constantly belittling others build up your self confidence? Sorry for my rant, but your post have been irritating the hell out of me these past couple of days. Picking on others doesn't make you bigger - it makes you seem petty and insecure.

You owe a lot of people here an apology - you know that, I know that. Let's see if you're man enough for that though.

atreides, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  11. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, back off DYA. why'n'hell should he turn out $50 quality pearls to throw before the swine on a forum like this even if he was able-bodied? This has been gone over so many times it just annoys me when some newbie thinks it's clever to pick him up on it when he isn't actually SELLING anything.

Anyhoo, to drag it back on topic, from my own experiences, price competition is obviously inevitable, and no matter what you try to do at the front end, you are going to lose potential customers because of price. Simple fact of life. the more encouraging news is that most of them, after a flirtation with cheaper 'solutions', tend to come back, because... quality always sells :)

contentboss, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  12. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    The jeremiah bullfrog has self ingested too much larvae.. You have bloated and now you can only croak. Save us the mess. And extreme post interruption, will not be tolerated. Goodbye.....

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
    dyadvisor, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  13. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    :) :) :) now THAT'S an image that will haunt me till bedtime!!!

contentboss, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  14. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    At least we got through it without Hamburgers entering into it. Damnit! now I did it! *On his way to the Kitchen again* :D

Kraven2, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  15. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    Hamburgers....I say lets get some pizza, wings and some good cold beer.

gvannorman, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  16. j3rr3my8

Best Answers:
    And Atreides, if you carefully read all of my posts, and read them with the posts before in mind, you will see that I am not picking on people, I am reacting to things that people have said. I listed those countries to illustrate a point about the cost of living, not to boast about how many countries I have been to. If you don't like people being boastful, why don't you comment on Dyadvisor's statement that I couldn't afford to pay for the the utility bills for his land and lakes?!

You know I just feel like there are a hard core few on here more than willing to slap each other on the back for a job well done. When someone comes out of the woodwork and has something to say in disagreement with the other people, nobody likes it.

Obviously none of you have to listen to a word I say and that's up to you. Anything said to me on here is going to be taken with a pinch of salt, but I always listen, and I'm not blinkered.

I personally think that there are some things sacred when it comes to writing and a lot of those things have gone missing these days.

I didn't come on here to make enemies with anyone, but I am passionate about what I believe in, and I will have my say on what is meant to be an open forum. If people want to dress this up as me attacking someone with physical problems then that's ridiculous. I didn't know that dyadvisor had anything wrong with him, and nobody lives their lives checking in advance in case someone is disabled in some way, particularly on a forum!

I am a big believer in capitalism and I think that if people produce work of quality they will get what they deserve for it. There's going to be no minimum wage for freelance writers. There is however, always going to be a need for good writers. Good luck to you all.

I can't stop looking at your last entry Atreides, and wonder how you have misread what I said so badly. It is almost as if you think I am proud that England is an expensive place to live! I am not! If anything I am annoyed about it! You think I have a chip on my shoulder? Why would I? I'm happy in what I do and I enjoy the work I do. I have a very happy home life and good friends. I've got everything I need and no more no less. I don't like to see people being challenged in some sort of article battle, I don't like people saying that they need to be paid more money when they aren't writing well.

You think I am boastful? I have never mentioned on here anywhere how much I earn, and to do so would be crass. I came on here hoping for civil discussion about the finer points of writing but it seems people are closed off to other people's opinions that don't fall into line with the boys club in attendance.

j3rr3my8, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  17. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Not all of us, j3rr3my8. :cool:

Perry Rose, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  18. j3rr3my8

Best Answers:
    Thanks Perry :)

j3rr3my8, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  19. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I second that!

YMC, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  20. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    My mind is not closed off to anything. I posted in the Slavery thread on why I believe in Dyadvisor. I personally appreciate any criticism that I get from other writers on my writing. It only improves me, I learn from my mistakes. I can take a lot when it comes to being told that I am doing something wrong. I just look at what I did and correct it. As for the boys club on here. There is no club, just a bunch of beer loving hamburger eating buddies.

gvannorman, Jul 29, 2010 IP