1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Get out of jQuery IF context

Discussion in 'jQuery' started by Chris Johnston, Aug 3, 2016.

I modified this code from another project. I want a slider that goes both directions. I did not want to siled all panels at once. Like I see a lot of sliders do. I wanted the content to show in kind of an “in-demand” once requested way. This being one of my first jQuery projects, I figured I would learn, so I tried it out. I seem to get pretty much what I wanted. The place I am stuck with is this. I cannot seem to get out of the IF statement (line 135) context in the sliderMultipanel function. I need this, so I can determine the direction the animation should flow in, based on the click. I have read a lot and learned some about bubbling and (stopping) propagation, but I don’t know if I am going down the correct path. The IF statement seems to keep on starting the counting over. This makes for unexpected results. So what gets evaluated by the IF is only sometime correct, also it does random weird behavior. However, it is correct if its context is outside of the IF or click function (see lines 66-73). Can some show a way this can be done? To be clear I want to properly determine the number of the nav button click so the slider can go in the requested direction. Thanks
    https://codepen.io/pctechtv/pen/KrxoOQ

Chris Johnston, Aug 3, 2016 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Aug 3, 2016 IP
  3. Ian08

Ian08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not able to provide the help you need, but I would like to remind you that nowadays responsiveness and swipe are two must have features because of the popularity of mobile devices.

I would recommend you to use slick: http://kenwheeler.github.io/slick/

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Ian08, Aug 7, 2016 IP
  4. Chris Johnston

Chris Johnston Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks this is helpful!

Chris Johnston, Aug 7, 2016 IP