1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Get more traffic on my online business

Discussion in 'SEO' started by nextsmm, Apr 25, 2022.

Hello guys, I have a website and want to get a better position in the Google search engine. Can anyone suggest to me what should I do to get more traffic on my online business.

nextsmm, Apr 25, 2022 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Give your customers something to get EXCITED about. If you have EXCITED customers, your website will go viral. And Google can't ignore sites that are viral.

mmerlinn, Apr 26, 2022 IP
  3. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well you need to build as many backlinks as you can .Also search more keywords amd write content on a consistent basic at least 1 post per week google will love it .also use social media to gain more traffic ,im your niche register on forums and have the link of your website on signature ,help people on forums ,also on facebook groups help people with problems they need and from time to time link back to you website

Spartan14, Apr 26, 2022 IP
  4. KTabaie

KTabaie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just following on from what Spartan14 stated:

I would consider the following to help with your goals:

1. Identify your niche
    2. Create niche-related content, not just on your website, but on your youtube channel and social media. Make sure this content is good and relevant, not spammy.
    3. Keyword research: Use SEO tools to find keywords that contain high monthly search volume but with low competition, i.e. no other sites that share the same niche as yours are competing for that same keyword.
    4. Focus on on-page SEO. If you are using a wordpress website make sure you install good SEO plugins and the speed of your website is fast, nobody wants to wait for a site to load!
    5. Monitor using google analytics where your visitors are going on your site and reduce the "bounce rate" i.e. the rate at which the user exits that page by looking to see if the content is accurate or if there's an issue with the page you're getting a high percentage bounce rate from.
    6. Backlinks: Once you have your website set up correctly with those keywords you want to rank for, look into acquiring backlinks from other websites (off page SEO) that has strong backlink profiles, preferably from a niche similar to yours that can talk about your website. Receiving a backlink enables your website to grow and rank better.

Remember, roughly 93% of content receives no traffic from google and by making small tweaks and measuring the work you do overtime, you should see positive results.

Good luck :)

KTabaie, Apr 27, 2022 IP
  5. Xamaa

Xamaa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some of my keywords continuously downgrade in Google SERP, I'm a newbie in blogging kindly suggest me what should I do, i'm running a company website related to web hosting in Sri lanka, I have passed all the points that's you explained but not know why I'm losing the position in SERP.

Xamaa, Apr 27, 2022 IP
  6. KTabaie

KTabaie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Xamaa,

Sometimes, a drop in keyword rankings doesn't necessarily signal anything that you have done wrong. It could be something as simple as one of your competitors outranking you in search. Have you changed anything recently on your website that could have affected those changes? Are you trying to rank for keywords that are used by other "whale" websites in your niche? If so you'll find it difficult to compete...initially.

In most cases you can run a site audit to identify issues, otherwise, it might just be a case of having lost backlinks. An easy win would be to make use of an SEO tool to identify backlink profiles of other competitors; they've done the hard work for you so all you need to do is replicate what they've done and target specific keywords you want to rank for.

If you're blogging, remember to use information keywords too such as "how, what, who, where, why" in your headings etc

I also think an element of patience is required, it can take some time to changes made

Hope this was somewhat useful..

KTabaie, Apr 28, 2022 IP
  7. Maxform

Maxform Peon

Best Answers:
    I generally look at 3 pillars:
    1. Relevancy | Content marketing, do you cover all topics (keywords) for your niche / target group in all customer journey stages: See / Think / Do / Care
    2. popularity | Press mentions, backlinks, social signals, overall online reputation (reviews from GoogleMyBusiness, Trustpilot, Yelp etc.)
    3. Accessibility | technical seo stuff but also basics like is your keyword in h1, h2, metas etc. etc. / sitestructure
    Its incredibly hard to break down SEO and why you dont rank from a single post without seeing the domain but no matter how large the site, I always break it down to one of the three pillars of SEO and improve on those.

Hope that helps

Maxform, Apr 29, 2022 IP
  8. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    If you would enter your website url, I could see what you should do.

Gamerseo, May 5, 2022 IP
  9. etdigitalmarketing

etdigitalmarketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to optimize the website for conversions–such as by including calls to action and lead capture forms in the right places, providing the information your visitors are seeking, and making navigation easy and intuitive. But the first step is to attract the right visitors to your site in the 1st place. Some of the strategies that drive traffic to your website include:
    • Attract your Customers with a Sales Campaign.
    • Target Your Audience on social media.
    • Use Instagram's Many Features.
    • Lean into Email Marketing.
    • SEO Optimize Your Site.
    • Utilize Content Marketing.
    • Engage with Influencers.
    • Advertise on Google ads.

etdigitalmarketing, Jul 25, 2022 IP