1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Get approved from ANY advertiser in CJ by following my technique.

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by tradeepak, Jul 22, 2007.

1. BenJen

BenJen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello fellow member,
    I'm new to CJ and DigitalPoint.

Couple of questions here.
    1/ How does Advertiser review our application? What is their criteria?

2/ I was lucky with my first application. Auto Approve. But it state no PPC advertising. I wonder why? I only know how to do PPC at this point.

3/ Second product needs manual approval.
    Do I have to create a landing page (cater to this product)in my Account (Add Website). Is this one of the area that advertiser review?

Thanks
    BenJen

BenJen, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  2. rockys

rockys Banned

Best Answers:
    Good one. Will give it a try.
    repped. :)

rockys, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  3. apoorv123

apoorv123 Banned

Best Answers:
    ok..i added a rep for u...

apoorv123, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  4. Jackiemon

Jackiemon Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol, I have some declined applications. I will try this way, hope get some good news :p

Jackiemon, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  5. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    2 points regarding this method:

1) Yes, advertisers may accidentally decline you on the first try if they're in a hurry to go through applications, if your site looks like crap, or if your site doesn't work the first time.

2) No, if you have a site that looks like crap (banner farms, affiliate-related template sites, etc...) or use poor promotional methods, you probably won't get accepted even with a CJ mail or email to the advertiser. The majority of publishers who contact merchants who I work with do NOT get into the program after they've been rejected the first time (I'm very careful when it comes to evaluating affiliate sites).

It never hurts to ask, but please... don't pester the merchant after they reply to you! Also, don't be rude & don't claim to have 10,000,000 visitors each month when you contact the merchant... affiliate managers aren't stupid, they can easily see through you.

tvmatt, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  6. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    tvmatt - i agree with your points. But sometimes advts decline to test whether the publisher is really interested in the program and will approve only upon the request which we send.

tradeepak, Sep 5, 2007 IP
    netmarketing likes this.
  7. dhintana

dhintana Guest

Best Answers:
    Forget CJ, signup with axill.com

They have thousands of programs, you dont have to get approved from everyone.

Most interesting part is they pay daily! You get the money in to your bank accout daily!

Signup with axill.com now

dhintana, Sep 5, 2007 IP
  8. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    axill sucks. most of their offers do not track and the payout is very very low

tradeepak, Sep 6, 2007 IP
  9. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not aware of ANY advertisers who decline publishers to test whether or not they're interested. This would piss off CJPs & 5-bar affiliates, and is not a good strategy. In the end, it just makes more work for the advertiser. Also, CJ would recommend against this practice because CJPs do complain to their account reps, and that feedback makes it way back to merchants through the merchant's account rep at CJ.

I can say with confidence that no large advertisers or ad agencies employ this practice on CJ, from my experience as a publisher & on the advertiser side as well.

tvmatt, Sep 6, 2007 IP