1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Get 2,000 Twitter Followers in 30 days or Less!

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by agentsmith77, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Hurley

David Hurley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Quang,

It's a good idea so I have joined your group and started following everyone on it and also some of the people who are following them.

One reason why I do it is to build up the number of people I can reach, because people tend to follow people who people are following, if you see what I mean.

Another reason is that some of the stuff people I don't know have to say is actually quite interesting! Those are the ones I reply to or even directly message.

Those who do not reciprocate my follow, and the boring ones, or spammy ones (who only ever send links to their own sites) can be unfollowed any time.

Twitter is NOT like any other social networking site. Twitter is different and you need to adapt to it if you want to "get it".

A guy called Alister Cameron started following me. I had never heard of him. Was he reciprocating, or did he start following me when he saw me on some else's followers' list? I have no idea, but I'm glad he found me and started following me because I got to read his useful blog on Twitter:

Twitter: get as many followers as you can, as fast as you can!

http://www.alistercameron.com/2009/03/18/twitter-followers-fast/

Cheers,

David

David Hurley, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  2. streetforce1

streetforce1 Member

Best Answers:
    I love twitter though. But I think it's better to have real and valuable connections via twitter then a a lot of random folks. Random folks is what MySpace is.

streetforce1, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  3. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You mean you don't want to be followed by 2000 affiliate marketers who have no interest in anything you tweet, are only following you to nudge you to follow them so they can drop links to their landing page? Getoutoftown! ;)

magda, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  4. David Hurley

David Hurley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    But using Twitter is a great way to find which of those dreaded "random folks" actually have something of interest to offer, as my example was intended to show.

You can only "turn strangers into friends and friends into customers" if you are willing to mix it with strangers. That is what Twitter allows you to do. Sure, a lot will NOT be interested in other people, but the point is that you are not stuck with them. You can UN-follow the bores and move on. Gradually you will build up a better and better network.

5. David Hurley

David Hurley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here is another great article about Twitter that I discovered from one of those dreaded "random folks" that came my way...

blog.mrtweet.net/7-habits-of-highly-effective-twitterers-kris-colvin

:)

DH

6. Rgg

Rgg Peon

Best Answers:
    Intresting

Rgg, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  7. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    David Hurley - we'll have to agree to differ - sure, I've added people I didn't know anything about before, because they were recommended by someone I know in real life, or were retweeted by a blog-writer I like, or they added me for whatever reason and I looked at what they were tweeting and was intrigued. Likewise I've simply blocked many, because when they've followed me, I've looked at their profile and they've got 4 tweets plugging acai berry juice, or make money at home. If you go round following anybody and everybody just because you can, you're going to waste an awful lot of time reading those acai berry tweets.

magda, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  8. diaadriansyah

diaadriansyah Peon

Best Answers:
    You can follow me @twitter and I'm still increase number My friends until now.

diaadriansyah, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  9. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Its now up to 127 members. Added a twitter feed to see what happens.

Scanning through it looks like there is a mix of promotional twitters as well as personal ones. I don't think it hurts to try it as it only takes a few minutes of your time.

Best of luck.

yfs1, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  10. blackpoint

blackpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will join your group

blackpoint, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  11. David Hurley

David Hurley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Magda,

That's fair enough. I guess the way you use Twitter will depend on a combination of business model (or niche) and personality.

If you are marketing to a small, tightly defined niche building a huge network on Twitter will not be so important since a combination of SEO and article marketing etc will bring in a good supply of targeted traffic - that is the case in my niche, Japanese mahjong sets and other games etc.

But if you are in a much more competitive market such as Internet marketing products and services then building a big network is a more urgent concern... and all those "acai berry tweets" are likely to be from people who have not mastered the art of Internet marketing, who could benefit from the services of an expert such as {YOUR NAME HERE!}...

Best wishes,

David Hurley

David Hurley, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  12. MrCatana

MrCatana Peon

Best Answers:
    What can you do from 2000 up. Because there is that 10% rule.

Getting 2000 followers is easy.

Everyone can do it manually in less than 1 week with less than 30 min a day of work.

MrCatana, Jul 29, 2009 IP
  13. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    You can add another 200 then 220 then 242 etc etc ;)

yfs1, Jul 29, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.