1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

German vs other languages

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by qwikad.com, Dec 14, 2016.

Saw this on YT and thought it was funny :)

qwikad.com, Dec 14, 2016 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So, what is it about?

mmerlinn, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Are you located in Germany? To me it was funny (as well as to over 1 million people who watched the video above) because the German language has strong punctuation and seems (note I only said "seems") unnecessarily rough, which makes it funny. And, of course, the actor in the video makes it even funnier by exaggerating it. The videos are all over YT with millions of views. Here's another one:

qwikad.com, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This post reminded me of an old joke that came out when the European Union was first formed and there was discussion about what the EU official language would be:

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.
    Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

If zis mad you smil, pleas pas on to oza pepl.

jrbiz, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  5. mkkhatri

mkkhatri Member

Best Answers:
    Can't say actually as all languages has their own values..!!

mkkhatri, Jan 5, 2017 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There is a tremendous difference between high German versus low German, and even more if you listen to Volksdeutsche which one hears when in Danzig. The difference is akin to Parisian French versus Quebec French. They are the same languages but one wouldn't know it when listening to them.
    How about English? Compare Aussie slang to the queens English. Don't even get me started on Castellian Spanish verses Latin American Spanish.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 5, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. X P S

X P S Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's actually not funny to me since I am trying to learn German!! :mad: DON'T DISCOURAGE ME!!! ok sorry.

X P S, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  8. Hybirid

Hybirid Member

Best Answers:
    :):)
    so harsh
    but i love the german language

Hybirid, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  9. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I dont know what the best language is, but I know its not english:
    "The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
    --James D. Nicoll

matt_62, Jan 23, 2017 IP
    jrbiz and qwikad.com like this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL @malky66 I loved that quote. All you need to know about English is illustrated with the pronunciation of these seven words words:

Cough, bough, rough, trough, though, through, and hiccough.

jrbiz, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  11. SnowPard

SnowPard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just believe there are more than 100 million speakers of German language in Europe. I don't believe that is harder to learn German language , its all about passion . All new languages are easy and difficult to learn. The accent used in that video is hard accent and the video creator uses words that are not necessary used frequently.

SnowPard, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Oops. Credited the wrong person. Should have been @matt_62. Sorry about that and thanks to @qwikad.com for catching my error.

jrbiz, Jan 24, 2017 IP
  13. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its all good jrbiz. I just figured you had malkybrains.

For those learning german, just remember that german sausages are litterally the wurst.

matt_62, Jan 25, 2017 IP