1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

German Search Engine MetaGer.Net With Protected Privacy

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by Wolfgang Sander-Beuermann, Sep 25, 2013.

Hi all,

I strongly hope that my posting here will not be considered as spam. I'am just interested in your opinion about our German search engine metager.net. We have been running the meta search engine metager.de in Germany since 1996. We have a strongly protected privacy:
    • We don't store IP-addresses. They are already anonymized during run-time of the search.
    • We don't use cookies, local storage or any similar technology to track our users or serve ads.
    • We keep advertising to minimum and trust in our users to support free information access through donations.
    • Our service is run by the German non-profit charity organization SUMA-EV in cooperation with the Leibniz University of Hannover.
    • Our servers are located in Germany only and they are under the jurisdiction of German data protecion laws, which to our knowledge are the strictest in the world.

Recently we have launched the English version metager.net - what is your opinion about it?

Best regards from Hannover, Germany,
    Wolfgang

2. korfezli1966

korfezli1966 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Since 1996. It makes 17 years. If I write in the search box ''facebook'' and I get these results below, and you say you are on the market for 17 years, just give up man. Search Engine world is not suitable for you. Are you really using your own search engine or do you use google? Sei ehrlich jetzt...

[​IMG]

korfezli1966, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  3. Wolfgang Sander-Beuermann

Wolfgang Sander-Beuermann Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks about your dedicated and dispassionate opinion ;-). Let me respond:

1) You tested the German version of metager (metager.de). That's understandable because you are a German student at Berlin, but I'm interested in the opinion of english/american users in the English version: metager.net.

2) When you quoted the results of metager.de you left out our main results (QuickTip), showing the German hompage of facebook on top of our result page: de-de.facebook.com, see the screenshot below.

3) Anyone who is so blue-eyed that he "has nothing to hide" ;-) and who does not care about privacy might happily stay with google ... I certainly do not use it.

4) There is one topic you are perfectly right: I am in the search engine business since 17 years :)

mg-facebook.gif

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  4. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like, you just pick up search results from various search engines like Yahoo, etc.

it career, Sep 26, 2013 IP
  5. Wolfgang Sander-Beuermann

Wolfgang Sander-Beuermann Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a combination/mixture of meta search - which delivers in fact results from yahoo too - and results from our own search engines (like "metarss Diverses" as shown in the above screenshot).

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013