1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Geon - Visit locations. Get rewards.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Mike Gasowski, Mar 19, 2019.

Hello everyone.
    I wanted to introduce you to the application we are currently building. The application is in the initial phase of development, so feedback is welcome. :oops:

What is Geon?
    It is an application for Android and iOS systems that rewards users with Geon Coins for presence in a specific location. Collected coins can be exchanged at the Geon in-app store for various prizes. Geons can contain not only coins but also discount coupons or other digital products.

What can you exchange Geon Coins for?
    Gathered Geon coins can be exchanged in the in-app store for prizes such as PayPal Gift, Steam Gift Cards, Random Steam Gift, Netflix top-ups and more.

How does it work?
    We start the application, we look where on the map is the nearest Geon, which interests us, we go to a chosen place and receive the prize.

How much can you earn?
    It all depends on how much Geons you visit and what amounts will be in them to collect.

What else can you use the application for?
    Geon also has a marketing use, if we have a store, restaurant or any other physical place where we want to draw customers, we set a Geon, then we have to determine how many coins a user will get (we can also give, the user, a discount coupon for our services) and how much time he needs to spend in our location.

Referral Program
    You get a 25% discount on in-store shopping in the app every time a new user installs an application from your ref-link. The invited person receives a 15% discount. (discounts do not add up with each other)

The iOS app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/geon-app/id1326822819
    Android application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=network.geon

If you want to be up to date with our project, I would like to like our fan page.
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/geonnet/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/GeonNetwork

If you have any questions, do not worry. We will try to answer all of them!;)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mike Gasowski, Mar 19, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Is it a game?
    Can you guarantee there will be locations regardless of where the user goes?

sarahk, Mar 19, 2019 IP
  3. Mike Gasowski

Mike Gasowski Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi sarahk, thank you for interest.
    It's not a game, it's an adventure. It's more like an outdoor activity, where you can visit a place and have a gratification for being there. :cool:

We can guarantee that there will be locations with Geons, we cannot guarantee where our users will go.
    Geon longevity depends on what's in it. If it's with Secret Message, then it stays as long as creator wishes it. On the other hand. If Geon is with Geon Coins, the coins are eventually collected, and Geon disappears. Geons in popular places usually don't have a particularly long lifespan.

Basically, Geon App is an application for gathering people in a location. It depends on you. Do you want to be a 'Geominer' and collect the rewards? Or a 'Geon-placer'(?) and attract people to places. (we don't have a good describing word for the last one yet :()

Mike Gasowski, Mar 19, 2019 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So what's your drawcard?
    That eventually there will be retailers drawing me in, giving me coins and letting me buy real world items with them?
    It looks like you've started your marketing efforts but haven't quite got your sales proposition worked out. As I move around the world I have a few different AR tools vying for my attentions - am I killing zombies? making triangles? becoming a mayor on 4square - why would I want to use my data and time to get your geons?

sarahk, Mar 19, 2019 IP
  5. Mike Gasowski

Mike Gasowski Peon

Best Answers:
    The hook is to attract people into locations.

The user receives a reward for staying in a given place for a set period of time. As for user who wants to gain just something extra from visiting the location, with us, you are being rewarded for that.

For example, the retailer can place a Geon in his shop to acquire foot traffic, encourage more people to visit his store and not the competition. He can put Geon with 'Secret Message' which can contain a discount code for his store. Alternatively, he can top-up with Geon Coins for users to exchange them for rewards, in the in-app store. Event planners, influencers, or anyone that wants to gather people in a specific time and place could use Geon in the same way. You do not shoot blind as with flyers nor try to figure out how effective was a Facebook/AdWords campaign.

Augmented reality, as is a fun feature, is not essential for general use of the application. AR is used to personalization of the object that the creators could put something rare in the app. At the moment, there is only one object - 'Geon pylon'. In the later stages of development, we are planning to implement custom objects for our users.
    For example, a coffee cup for a coffee place. Pizza slice for a pizzeria. Football for a football game and so on.

That's true, we are at the beginning of our marketing road. For now, there's only a couple of items in the in-app store, but they are global and retrievable from almost anywhere in the world. We are constantly working on adding new items, pleasing the wider audience, and acquiring new partnerships global and also local.
    There are no payment options for now. We do not charge our users in any shape or form.
    We only require a phone number and an email address for security reasons. Though our anti-cheat system is a bit strict, as we ban users for location spoofing or tampered device.

The application is not even a year old. We are steadily growing our user base and partners. We think that Geon App it's quite a unique idea for attracting real people into real places. :)

Mike Gasowski, Mar 20, 2019 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Have you got a map that I can view on my computer when I'm planning my day or do I need to keep the app open just in case?
    Interesting that you're from Poland, there was something a few years ago - trying to remember the name - from your neck of the woods. I can't imagine the sales drive you're going to need to get enough local businesses on board to build a meaningful base. You might get some value from watching how untappd does it.

sarahk, Mar 20, 2019 IP
  7. Mike Gasowski

Mike Gasowski Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, no. We don't have a web version of our app nor any portion of it. Although you raised an interesting idea, your thought will be added to our think tank.

The development team is located in Poland, likewise most of the people working in and for geon.network.
    A couple of years ago, there was a design similar to ours, but it was more of a brainchild of a one man, then a full-fledged project. As far as I know, it never went beyond the concept phase. It was called Sikorka as I recall. Besides the name and the wife of one of the founders, there wasn't much connection with Poland. Nevertheless, we could talk about completely different things :confused:

The app is not a burden for the battery nor the data, according to our research :) So checking it once or twice in a day shouldn't be much of a problem.
    Of course, we know, that the most valuable resource for you, me and every other human is time, which is finite.
    We're trying to slip into our users' lives with our app, for a few minutes a day, which they can spend on
    Our goal is to show people that they can do something fun, more or less engaging and be rewarded for their time, just for being in a specific location.

Untapedd is a great company and we hope to learn much from them. Their success story is fantastic and they are an outstanding example, for us especially. Every company has to start somewhere ;)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Mike Gasowski, Mar 20, 2019 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    fun?

sarahk, Mar 21, 2019 IP
  9. Mike Gasowski

Mike Gasowski Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, the definition of 'fun' differs between people.
    Our research, on the users of our application, indicates that being rewarded, with minimum own contribution is fun for them. Users can visit new and interesting locations in search of Geons, or they get rewarded for participating in not so amusing events.

Mike Gasowski, Mar 22, 2019 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Is there a map so I can plan ahead?

sarahk, Mar 22, 2019 IP
  11. Mike Gasowski

Mike Gasowski Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, there is a map (you can see it in the first post), where you can see all the Geons and all the relevant information about this Geon. Who created it, if it is protected by a password, what it contains (Geon Coins or Secret Message), the Geomine time, how many Geon Coins you will receive and the directions on how to get there (by car or on foot).
    We are working on the features, where users will be notified when they are in close proximity of a Geon or even make their own routs from one Geon to the other.

Mike Gasowski, Mar 25, 2019 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Can you send me a link to one I can see from a browser. When I open the app all I see is computer generated points where there are only private residences.

sarahk, Mar 25, 2019 IP
  13. Mike Gasowski

Mike Gasowski Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there a map?
    Yes, there is.

Do we have a map with Geons that is available through a browser?
    Unfortunately, no. We don't have a web version of our app nor any portion of it.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Geon Team did not deliberately place Geons in private residences. Even if a Geon is in close proximity, to a private residence, it should have a 150 meters range. If the distance is too small, we're going to make a larger radius next time.
    Geon Team had placed One and a half million Geons, all over the world. We took care of that those Geons are placed in the public, easy access places. Geons are in towns, that is true but there are also in parks and they are placed on viewpoints.

Mike Gasowski, Mar 25, 2019 IP