1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

geoip from maxmind

Discussion in 'PHP' started by sarahk, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I've got a site brewing that was going to use geoip from maxmind and while it was a sinch to install and get going the client decided they didn't want it.

So, out it went, all apart from the include statement. All that does is set up some variables and define a class and some functions. The variables are all constants and no objects were instantiated.

Everything ticked along nicely until yesterday when suddenly my client could no longer see the site. All the testers could, I could, anonymizer.com could, but not them. I commented out the include and up it all came.

It's affected another site they have and they'll be coding the code out of that app (not my problem) but this was the easy hit to see if geoip is the problem.

Has anyone else had this? Why would one ISP be affected by serverside variables?

Sarah
    SEMrush

sarahk, Jul 8, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.