1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

geo targeting

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by int_josh, Sep 25, 2006.

I need only US traffic, but overture sends me traffic from all over the world.

I can't find any submenus that would allow me to change the geo targeting. How do I do it?

int_josh, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  2. ju2ltd

ju2ltd Peon

Best Answers:
    I have exactly the same question but from a UK perspective. I suspect that if you are using overture in the US your ads are pretty much targetted at the US. Are you using Content Match as some of sites your ads might appear may have some international readership? I am using overture.co.uk so I believe that my ads are largely being targeted at the UK. But I can't find anything in the help files or the resource centre that confirms this.

I have been advised to sponsor country specific search terms and use country specific ad text but this seems pretty un sophisticated.

ju2ltd, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  3. yevlesh

yevlesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just disable contentmatch, that does the trick.

yevlesh, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  4. marcowitsch

marcowitsch Guest

Best Answers:
    That is not true, sorry.

Its just that yahoo doesnt have any geo targeting, i can see your ads ad from germany man, that's fact. Sorry.

marcowitsch, Oct 15, 2006 IP
  5. dstyles

dstyles Banned

Best Answers:
    I submitted this inquiry to my Overture rep: "Can you tell me if / how I can target my ads by country / region? I'm unable to find this information on your site."

Here was her answer:
    In regards to your question, at this time if you would like to target specific countries, you will need to sign up for an account specific for that marketplace. You do have the option to have this account set up under your current login information, similar to a sub account. However, this functionality is not provided in your account but I will be more than happy to assist you.

Locate your rep and they will help set this up for you. Hope this helps...

dstyles, Oct 30, 2006 IP