1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

generating radius file

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by nhelms, Feb 25, 2005.

1. samnaugler

samnaugler Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this related to the scheduled task "Export Authentication File Every X Minutes"? I have the stuff under Generate RADIUS File doing good things, but checking that box and picking a time on my Automate Tasks client appears to have no effect (the "last run" date does not update, nor of course does the ftp'ed file)?

Sam

samnaugler, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, that does not affect the file format. As far as why it doesn't run, make sure the last time run is not blank or exactly 12:00:00 am.

digitalpoint, Mar 3, 2005 IP
  3. samnaugler

samnaugler Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there any way to access the extra fields which appear in a default export but not in a raw authentication data export (and if so are there other available but unlisted fields)?

If I leave things as their default and export I get entries that look like this:

"345","20","someusername","theirpassword","Dial-up","","","","Advanced Fire Protection","Southern Region","","","","Unlisted","Unlisted","Unlisted","From: 192.123.123.123, On: 3/12/2005, At: 21:37:30"

If I instead specify all fields in the "Available Fields" list and run the export I might get something like this:

Some B Dude somedude dude'spword Dial-Up Current Unlisted Unlisted Unlisted From: 192.123.123.123, On: 03/13/2005, At: 15:13:26 345 -27.4 255.255.255.254 None None PPP 923 12.123.123.123 255.255.255.252 12.123.123.124

....so it appears that by default the second quoted column is a line number or "order they signed up" number (not the same as the customer number) (which I am not especially interested in, but which is significant because it is default exportable but apparently not available to me for raw export (?). I am more interested particularly in the "region" which does not appear on variables list but does in the default export. And if possible the Broadband Speed columns (which do not appear in the default export, but I figured if there is a secret way to pull region and sign-up-order perhaps I can pull broadband number and/or all definable fields and/or all fields available to scripts)?

Thanks!

Sam

samnaugler, Mar 14, 2005 IP