1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

general wordpress help!

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by galang stro, Mar 28, 2013.

Im looking to change the introduction message on my home page. It says Welcome to.....website.

You can check it out here.
    cityifdelia.com/iloveottawa

I attached an image. The only way i can see to change this message is if i have access to editing these template pages (picture that i attached). I cant find where to access them, not even on post or pages tabs.

Has anyone have an idea?

Attached Files:

galang stro, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  2. anoel08

anoel08 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey galang,

I tried pulling up your site, but I get the "Not found" error. Is the URL in the OP correct?

anoel08, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  3. galang stro

galang stro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry. The website is cityfidelia.com/iloveottawa

galang stro, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  4. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The default template file for pages is page.php and this if from the wordpress codex :

* Front page - Select in the drop-down box the actual Page that you want displayed as your front page. If you do not select a choice here, then effectively your blog will show your posts on both the blog's front page and on the Posts page you specify. If you would like to create a static home page template file, do not name it home.php, otherwise you will encounter problems when you try to view the "blog"/"posts" section of your site. To get around this, just name it anything but home.php, for example, myhome.php
    * Posts page - Select in the drop-down box the name of the Page that will now contain your Posts. If you do not select a Page here, your Posts will only be accessible via other navigation features such as category, calendar, or archive links. Even if the selected Page is Password protected, visitors will NOT be prompted for a password when viewing the Posts Page. Also, any Template assigned the Page will be ignored and the theme's index.php (or home.php if it exists) will control the display of the posts.

So if you do not select a "Posts page" in Settings ==> Reading, index.php is used...

themes4all, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  5. anoel08

anoel08 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try going to 'General' under the Settings menu on the left hand side of the Wordpress admin page. Your first option under 'General' is 'Site Title'. Change the 'Site Title' to whatever you want to appear on the front page of the site. So for example, if you change your 'Site Title' to Williams & Lloyd, then the text on your front page will read "Welcome To Williams & Lloyd".

anoel08, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  6. galang stro

galang stro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the many replies. My main issue is to remove the "come to" part

galang stro, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  7. Clare12345

Clare12345 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I just checked and I didn't see a "come to" part. The only part I see that looks unfinished is the Blurb part on the first part of the slider on the homepage.

Clare12345, Mar 30, 2013 IP
  8. Muhammad Haroon

Muhammad Haroon Member

Best Answers:
    Damn it, Not found error.

Muhammad Haroon, Apr 8, 2013 IP