1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling General Forum With Good Domain!

Discussion in 'Sites' started by ksb2050, Oct 10, 2013.

I am selling a General Discussion forum called Community Chaos. The forum is 5 months old and from the start spurred a lot of interest. It has 599 threads, 4,231 posts, and 59 members. There is a staff and at least one staff member is still present and is very fond of the community. It runs the forum software Xenforo (worth $140 and the license is valid until 3/2014) and it is running a premium theme worth $35 that I personally modded (you can return the style to original if you wish).

I simply do not have time for the community anymore and have quite frankly lost the interest I had when I started it. It is not especially active at the moment but people do post and join often for; example a user just registered yesterday (10/10/13). It's concept is a general forum that grows with user participation - for example users who moderate forums take responsibility for those forums and enforce their own rules (that's their board on the network so to speak). The forum grows infinitely as users request to create boards with new discussion topics. They are responsible for keeping their boards active otherwise they get shuttered and archived. So it's a very good concept that instills responsibility in the users and keeps them coming back. They feel like a part of the community - they're a cog in a greater machine.

According to Majestic SEO (see results here) the forum has 3,229 backlinks. I do not keep current statistics on the forum...I don't remember if I just forgot to register it in Google Analytics or what...but I do have stats from Cpanel which will be posted at the bottom of the thread for your interpretation. I have never monetized the forum so assume no income - I do this for the fun of it and I don't commonly put ads on my websites.

So in conclusion I am selling the Community as a whole. What's included in this sale:
    1. The Forum itself (file dump, SQL database, anything else you want)
    2. The domain name COMMUNITYCHAOS.COM
    3. The Premium/Modded Theme it's running (worth $35)
    4. The Xenforo License which is valid until 3/2014 (worth $140) **
    **Just wanted to tack on that even after 3/14 it only costs $40 to renew the license for another year so you are saving yourself a lot of money just with that point.

I encourage any questions asked below. There is a reserve. My inbox is open to you for private questions as well. So there you have it. Hope I laid this thread out well for you guys.

cc_01.png

ksb2050, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  2. Taimoor Hussain

Taimoor Hussain Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    can i use the license to any other domain??i mean if i want to make new forum can i use the license for that?

Taimoor Hussain, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  3. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you want. However, I'm not parting the sale out. The entire thing goes as a package. I need the money more than I need the forum.

ksb2050, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  4. Taimoor Hussain

Taimoor Hussain Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i m intrusted in whole package but i want to know that can i use the license on multiple domains??

Taimoor Hussain, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  5. ksb2050

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ksb2050, Oct 10, 2013 IP
  6. kahmed09

kahmed09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 1
    I have always wanted to run a forum but when I do ot gets spammed to death. Hows the spam prevention on this site?

kahmed09, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  7. ksb2050

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Very good. It's got several spam prevention modifications on it. I wouldn't worry about anything spam related.

ksb2050, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  8. kellithean

kellithean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    what is the reserve price and the BIN if possible

kellithean, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  9. ksb2050

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The BIN is $250. The reserve is $200. At $200 I'd be giving the forum and everything about it away for free. The theme, the license, and the domain alone are worth close to $200 when tallied up. I'm willing to negotiate though so I'll welcome private messages.

Just don't try to low ball me as some people have tried. For example the thread auction is up to $20 which quite frankly is insulting. People seem to think they should just get things for free and it burns me up. It's our new gimme gimme gimme culture. :(

ksb2050, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  10. kellithean

kellithean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi,
    I'm interested in the forums, The main reason i'm interested is in the liscence and If the community comes with it it'll be only a slight advantage.
    your rankings:
    http://www.rankchecker.com/pagerank-checker/#communitychaos.com

AlexaRank is 800k, which is a slight improvement from your last standing of 1.6M considering the domain is 3 months old, but what concerns me is the future. What people bid here is on the future and reliability. As you know 90% of the hardwork you put in is pulling in traffic and the rest 10% is maintaining the forums. Let's consider this as a general fact (although opinionated).
    Your pageview has dropped 60% and bounce rate has increased 90%. That's a confirmed sign of a I hate to say it but a dead forums (getting there). So let's run down the costs here

$140 - Licence
    $35 - theme
    $25 - hosting + domain - Averagely based to
    $200 roughly, which is I believe your asking price.

What If I told you I could find a better database (domain not included) with a XF liscence under $110.
    How?
    XF licences are $70-$90 that much is established.
    A 10k post database can cost up top $20-$30 (from other declining forums)
    I won't add domain and hosting since it'll be my expense, so it can't be compared to you.
    At most your site could go for $130 (but then I'd be exaggerating if I add $5 more)

3months is rougly 120 days which coincidentally is the time a user must wait before transfering an XF license. Hence my conclusion would suggest to possibly revise your price, as it won't hit anywhere near $!00. Or you may continue to build backlinks and run your forums.

That's my opinion and in no way passes a judgement on your management/marketing skills nor your intelligence. It's what I could comprehend and appraise the value of your website at.
    Thanks

kellithean, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  11. ksb2050

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What I'm seeing here is that I might get more money just by selling it all in parts. I don't have any idea what your talking about concerning 3 months and xenforo..so I fail to see how it's coincidental at all.

I am willing to negotiate at the $150-130 range if anyone is serious.

I'm military...worst case scenario here...I scrap this and still have my job. Its not a mandatory sell. :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    ksb2050, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  12. fords8

fords8 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 1
    I will offer you 115.00 for it right now. Paypal is waiting.

fords8, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  13. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I'm interested in this and have a spare XF licence, hence my interest is in the site itself. This might work for you because I see that at least one other member is primarily interested in the licence, which I don't need.

Maybe you could please let me know what you would charge for;

Could you move the site and set it up on my hosting account?

BTW, I previously complimented the forum here :)

Thanks!

Fergal, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  14. ksb2050

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I actually have a private offer for slightly higher right now. A user is offering $120. Everyone seems to be waiting for the auction to end though. My personal opinion is to use the auction system so everyone knows where they stand.

I don't mind setting it up but I would need server access to things like FTP and PHPmyadmin. It's a really simple process though. All you have to do is import the old SQL into a new one and then set the forum up accordingly. I don't remember how to do it but I've moved xenforo forums twice now and there's documentation on how to do it.

ksb2050, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  15. fords8

fords8 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 1
    I will wait out the auction then. Thanks!

fords8, Oct 14, 2013 IP
  16. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Thanks ksb2050. Where did you buy the theme from?

Fergal, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  17. ksb2050

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ksb2050, Oct 15, 2013 IP
    Fergal likes this.
  18. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Thanks for the link ksb2050, you have done a really excellent job on customising that theme, great work.

Fergal, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  19. vnairp11

vnairp11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 19
    it is a good looking forum :). My question is how will you transfer teh license? is it transferable yet?

vnairp11, Oct 18, 2013 IP
  20. ksb2050

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So the only requirement is that I must have owned the domain for 3 months in order to transfer it. I bought this license on March 4 2013 so it's well past the 3 months range. It seems that I just need to put in a support ticket for the license to transfer and it'll happen within a few days. As evidenced by the following support thread...http://xenforo.com/community/threads/transferring-xenforo-licence.57240/

Good lord. 6 days. How long is this dang auction system take?! This is way longer than I expected. In the next couple of days if there are no further bids I'm going to PM the highest bidder and just see if we can't end this thing early. No reason to wait 6 days. That's just a waste of everyone's time :(

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    ksb2050, Oct 18, 2013 IP