1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

General data center question

Discussion in 'Google' started by noniman, Nov 4, 2005.

When I check my listing under my search term, it shows my site within the first 6 listings on several data centers which is where I was before the so called jagger update started. Other data centers show my listing way down the list which virtually stopped traffic to my site.
    My question is, what searches do these data centers actually serve since I have absolutely no traffic increase despite several data centers show me back to my normal position within the top 10.
    Before the update, I used to check my position only on www.google.com which I been told is a geo targeted search and the results vary from country to country. Despite this, if my position goes up on google.com traffic goes up and position goes down, the traffic goes down. These data centers seem to me just an indication as to where I might end up on the main google database, if there is such a thing, but doesn’t seem to affect my traffic at all.

noniman, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What's the question? :)

digitalpoint, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  3. noniman

noniman Guest

Best Answers:
    My question is, what searches do these data centers actually serve since I have absolutely no traffic increase despite several data centers show me back to my normal position within the top 10.
    With other words, where do these data center results show. I can seem to get the same results anywhere unless I type in the IP address of a specific data center and do the search on my main search term.

noniman, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    www.google.com is not a single "master data center". End users around the world see results from whatever data center Google routes them to when they do a normal search at www.google.com. So someone, somewhere in the world is seeing results from any given data center when they do a normal search at www.google.com.

digitalpoint, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  5. noniman

noniman Guest

Best Answers:
    Understand that part – what I don’t understand is with my site showing so called pre jagger listings on 8 datacenters the traffic coming from Google is still 0. Before the update I had around 1000 unique visitors a day coming from Google.

noniman, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  6. mitchandre

mitchandre Peon

Best Answers:
    Patience young padawan. I'm sure the changes need to be sent to the rest of the datacenterns. Until then the percentage of people coming tour site with the new postion in the SERP will be (8 out of x amout of datacenters) * 100.

I usually notice my traffic stops(slows dramatically) as well for a short time until everythings gets sorted out by the way.

mitchandre, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  7. noniman

noniman Guest

Best Answers:
    Patience is hard especially if you are loosing around $2000 a day.
    Thanks for your help :)

noniman, Nov 4, 2005 IP