1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Geez- I feel bad for the quality copywriters around here :(

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by driven, Dec 11, 2006.

1. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes they do. But, you are on to something there. Writing is an art and can be looked at like pro sports. You have your recreation players, your low minor leaguers, middle and upper minor leaguers, career minor leaguers and then the pros. In the pros, you have various levels of talent.

The big boys only hire the best. Sure, recreation and minor league players can be had for cheap, but their worth is limited and they don't perform anywhere close to a pro.

As to feeling bad for quality copywriters around here, why should you? I can't speak for everyone else, but my target market isn't the webmaster buying article for $3 per 500 words. :)

Writers have a big problem when it comes to marketing. Not all mind you, but most. (Be quiet Jenn :) )

They fail to target and waste their time trying to marketing to anyone who will come through the doors.

I like DP, so I don't want to slam the people doing business here. I'll be flat out. I've accepted projects for thousands of dollars elsewhere (and no, I wasn't working all month to get it done) AND I've offered my services for pennies here for fun and to meet new people. The people charging pennies aren't pressuring me, because they aren't up to the standards my clients demand. And I'm not harming them, because their clients (unless I offer a nutty special) aren't looking to go my route.

Would the Ritz Carlton feel pressured if a Motel 6 was built next to it? Of course not. They serve two different targets.

1fortune4m,

I'm not sure if you mean copywriting in it's real sense (marketing copy) OR if you are talking about article writing. For copywriting, my advice would be to read as much as you can and practice. Try writing your own copy and see how it does. See what your conversion rates are. Do split testing. And keep educating yourself.

marketjunction, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  2. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    $1000 per word? So a 500 word article would cost half a million dollars? Can't see it myself. I understand that some receive great amounts of money for superb writing but I feel this is over top just a tad.

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  3. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    lol Don't pick on me Jason. :p

Completely agree with you though... the "quality copywriters" aren't the ones responding to ads for cheap content and copy, and if they get offered it, they turn it down. They're working in completely different markets.

jhmattern, Dec 23, 2006 IP
  4. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My favorite response of all time is when I told someone a quote for a project and they came back with a lower rate they would charge me to have their own writer do it.

He just didn't understand that the price didn't matter since the quality of their work was poor.

Donald Trump said it best. Build a better product from the ground up and pay attention to the finest of details.

marketjunction, Dec 23, 2006 IP