1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GBuy=Google's Paypal Service

Discussion in 'Google' started by wentworth, Feb 7, 2006.

1. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is that I think it wont be available for everyone, just not at first.

Mainly because of the Visa and MasterCard regulations. If there is too much fraud, or complaints, or anything before google gets some processing history, they can get shut down before they ever get started.

Yes, google has the money to buy their way into it, and they have the resources to fight fraud, but there have been several 3rd party processors in the past that have been shut down even after years of processing. If they open the system to everyone from the start, its like opening the flood gates for fraud. Especially from a company that is doing something completely new for themselves, they need to test the water first.

Also looking at the way google rolls out new programs, they like to take it slow at first. Urchin (Google Analytics), Gmail, etc.

jestep, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  2. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can't say bomb in a thread with Americans in it!

Where's the air marshall!!

GeorgeB., Feb 8, 2006 IP
  3. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Members are always excluded. Chill :rolleyes:

Cristian Mezei, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  4. gordonfreeman

gordonfreeman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, they might do that, like they did with their other services (invitation-based), so that they still support every country, just not everyone

gordonfreeman, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  5. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Does G release anouncement when gbuy will be available on the market... it's been 9 months since the first news about this gbuy.

PinoyIto, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  6. sebastianrs

sebastianrs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. All the adsense publishers would love to see their money transferred instantly to an account at the very beginning of the following month. I'd definitely use it too. Also I think Google might offer other countries to use its payment system as well what might be of advantage for particular businesses.

sebastianrs, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  7. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I only find this kind of info

Several retailers have been quietly testing a Google payment system called GBuy, and users will see a GBuy icon next to AdWords paid search ads

For the last nine months, Google has recruited online retailers to test GBuy, according to one person briefed on the service. GBuy will feature an icon posted alongside the paid-search ads of merchants, which Google hopes will tempt consumers to click on the ads, says this person. GBuy will also let consumers store their credit-card information on Google.

that's the site I got this info

Arnie, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  8. seoaddict

seoaddict Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is useful for indians.
    :)

seoaddict, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  9. romance

romance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that it would be a stalled expansion and they wouldn't rush into supporting all countries all at once.

The actual rollout of a pilot US/Western european system shouldn't take too long as half the work has already been done. Google can accept payments for adwords via credit card (including some sort of fraud protection) and has the processing technology to make payments to millions of publishers who opt for direct deposit payments from adsense.

By already accomplishing these feats, google has already go past some of the hurdles which other companies would still be working on. If the company can take payments and deposit payments in 15 countries then this is already a big start.

romance, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  10. genkied

genkied Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes kabayan old issue but hopefully they will release it soon...i wish they will give this kind of service to our country...

genkied, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  11. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Tell us more smarty pants.

IamNed, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  12. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe this quote originated in the WSJ. Anyways, call me crazy but I know some really big retail website owners and these guys have told me they also do not know anybody involved in the GBuy test. I'm not going to drop any names but one of these sites is a PR9.

What is 'several' in Google speak? Nobody lurking on this board ia cool enough to be invited to check out GBuy? Nobody?

Living in Bangkok I'm certainly not a fan of Paypal. The non-information over Gbuy is keeping me up at night. <grovel>Someone 'in the know' throw us a a bone!</grovel>

miles, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  13. dsm56

dsm56 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That news is certainly good in terms of what Gbuy will be.
    If retailers have been testing it it means if wont be as annoying as paypal where you need to subscribe etc...

Maybe GBuy will be more like WorldPay rather than Paypal.

dsm56, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  14. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    <specualtion on>I think GBuy will initially be tied to merchant services (as they claim) but one has to wonder: If you have all the merchant processing squared away, and zillions of happy Googler's, why wouldn't you go for the whole enchalada [sic?]? Meaning P2P, B2B money transactions.<specualtion off>

Besides anyone who has had 'issues' with Paypal knows that Paypal's customer serice is non-existant. G on the other hand...

Gahhh...More speculation! Apologies.

miles, Feb 14, 2006 IP