1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gay Marriage: Should It Be Allowed?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by melbel, Jul 6, 2007.

?

Should gay marriage be allowed?

1. Yes

141 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No

167 vote(s)
    54.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cientificoloco, May 10, 2008 IP
  2. kane584

kane584 Banned

Best Answers:
    It is obvious that you are a homo trying to make some weird point here. You sick people should be , wait, you things should not even considered people. You should just die. We need to holocaust these homos or something.

Edit: In my country, being a homo is a crime and punishable by death (public hanging). We should implement these laws from Afghanistan/Iran to North America. Including shutting down every homo website and publically hang the owners and members of it.

kane584, May 10, 2008 IP
    guerilla likes this.
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually, I'm quite happily heterosexual. I just don't fear them, and am quite happy concentrating my attention on my life, over worrying what others do with their lives.

Where are you from?

northpointaiki, May 10, 2008 IP
  4. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gay Marriage - Yes.
    Marriage is no longer a Christian tradition but one of society. Society evolves with the individuals it reflects, gay marriage should therefore be recognised.

Gay adoption of children - No.
    I don't feel it's fair on the child and I believe that a child with 2 gay dads is more likely to be gay (I have no evidence, just common sense, children emulate those closest to them from a very young age). This begs the question, is it wrong to bring a child up in gay environment if they're more likely to become gay and is being gay therefore wrong? Maybe I'm biased because I'm not gay, but something does tell me that it's unnatural, do any gay people feel it's unnatural given that if everyone was gay, the human race would cease to exist? I don't know, I don't have a definitive answer to this one yet, I guess I need more time to grow up before I can really comment.

Blitz, May 10, 2008 IP
  5. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    "Holocaust" as a verb.

That's the line of the day. Congrats.

guerilla, May 10, 2008 IP
  6. cientificoloco

Best Answers:
    If only that was the bad part of his speech...

7. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't make me get all "holocaust" on you or something... lmao

8. Cboyce

Cboyce Peon

Best Answers:
    Firstly i would not say that was common sense. Secondly you mention children emulate those closest to them so therefore two gay fathers would likely end up with a gay child.

Is that what you actually believe? If your logic of thinking was true at all then technically we should have no gay people in this world at all because 99.999999% of people who are gay came from a mother and father family. However there are gay people so they did not emulate their mothers and fathers which is what you are suggesting should happen.

Next i have to say, if a child was in a home where he/she had little enjoyment out of life would you object to that child joining a family (that would love him/her unconditionally, provide a college fund and a happy environment) that had two fathers?

For the sole reason you felt it was wrong - that's very Selfish, it also does not affect your life at all!

There are not more gay people in this world today. There are just less of US who feel that we should be ashamed of it, less of US being bullied back into the closet and less of US afraid to stand up and say "i am gay".

And why should we say it?

Equal rights, to be treated the same regardless of sexuality.

On the child adoption / bringing up discussion, a happy, safe home with a sense of belonging and a bright future is better than no home at all, no sense of belonging and an uncertain future.

From a 22 yr old guy who happens to be gay.

Cboyce, May 10, 2008 IP
  9. GTL

GTL Banned

Best Answers:
    You're disgusting, simply disgusting. Nothing more to say.

GTL, May 10, 2008 IP
  10. kane584

kane584 Banned

Best Answers:
    Okay sure. I thought that you were personly attacking me. I guess everyone has their own opinion, however I hate homos with a passion. I am persian, from middle east but I live in Canada.

kane584, May 10, 2008 IP
  11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    In Iran, I understand that hanging homosexuals is considered "civilized." It isn't here, nor in Canada. It's considered deprave barbarism.

Why do you hate homosexuals? Have they done something to harm you in some way?

12. swaymedia

swaymedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the kid is asked whether or not he or she wants to live with homosexuals than whats the problem? Answer either yes or no, so whats there to feel sorry about.

People just like to judge, even if they think there being clever about there answer.

im not gay btw. if you hate gays then, you need to adjust your own mind set for the better.

swaymedia, May 10, 2008 IP
  13. kane584

kane584 Banned

Best Answers:
    Okay. I am disgusting?! , but the thought of two men having sex and kissing each other is not disturbing to you? Or maybe you get aroused by it? Who knows?!

Your opinions don't matter here, homo. You are not normal to be considered human.

Your great comment was significantly noted, and ignored by the whole community.

Settle down professor, it is an internet forum, not a life altering debate. I can use any word the way I want.

Bahaha, what are they gonna do next? Allow marriage to cows? Then allow addoption of children to cow and man parents? The bright side is the child wont ever go hungry for milk! Gay people should have no rights, and be shipped off to some cold deserted place in the north pole, where they can buttsex each other all they want and no one has to worry. Hopefully the cold will kill them before they begin though. :)

kane584, May 10, 2008 IP
  14. kane584

kane584 Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, it is heavily frowned upon in my culture and religion. I mean with all due respect, everyone has their own opinion, free country after all? You may like homos, while some don't and think differently. :)

kane584, May 10, 2008 IP
  15. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are free to think what you'd like, and those of us who disagree are free to condemn the murder of children, over who and what they are. Apparently "freedom of thought" earns you a noose, in some nations. Not my cup of tea.

16. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, I agree. I plan on threatening to get all "holocaust and stuff" on people from now on. That was brilliant. Seriously.

17. cientificoloco

Best Answers:
    You are too fortunate this country is letting you stay. Good thing there is no place for somebody like you in this forum.

18. GTL

GTL Banned

Best Answers:

I don't care what two men do, if they are adults then they can do what they want. And no I do not get aroused by it because I am not gay.

I think you are disgusting because of your comments regarding holocaust, public hanging, and telling them to "go die". Also, your name calling "homo" to people who don't share these sick thoughts as you just shows you are immature aswell.

Well, good to see you've been banned.

GTL, May 10, 2008 IP
  19. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just relax dude. We don't want things to get all holocaust or something!

If you believe in a free market of thoughts, then censoring people will silly and backwards ideas just reinforces them and sends them underground. Do you really think anyone here is going to read his posts, and say "gee, I guess we should holocaust homos"?

Probably not.

It's the nanny (or was that ninny) culture, where everyone rats everyone else out, where we are constantly trying to censure or impose our own moralities on others.

And people say that the religious folks are the ones who impose values. I'd say the atheists are just as fanatical about imposing their version of morality on everyone else.

Good luck with that.

20. Cboyce

Cboyce Peon

Best Answers:
    Why on earth would you be thinking about it so much if it doesn't concern you?

No one has to worry just now, if it doesn't affect you in anyway as it doesn't, whats your concern about it. Why are you worrying about it?

Nothing you can say will bring me down to your level.

Cboyce, May 10, 2008 IP
    sarahk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.