1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gay Marriage: Should It Be Allowed?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by melbel, Jul 6, 2007.

?

Should gay marriage be allowed?

1. Yes

141 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No

167 vote(s)
    54.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    Biologically ready and emotionally ready are two VERY separate things. If females were to start having sex the moment after they had their first period, we would have a lot of 8-12 year old girls sleeping around - is that really something you find normal?

Just because a body may be physically ready to have sex does not mean they are emotionally ready. Sex with a child is NEVER consent - never. End of story. I have read and re-read your arguments, and it disturbs me that you seem to advocate pedophilia as more natural than homosexuality. Two consenting adults in a same-sex relationship is inherently different from a 12 year old girl having sex with a 30 year old man.

DeniseJ, Apr 19, 2008 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  2. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    There is a fundamental, appearably irreparable flaw in your thinking, in my opinion, as you consider pedophilia "way more natural" than homosexuality.

There is no nexus between our points of view.

I condemn pedophilia as an unspeakably abhorrent crime against innocents, and consider homosexuality as just the way a portion of the population floats, and as such, I couldn't care less - but condemn one adult telling other adults their homosexuality is anyone's business but the adults engaging in it.

northpointaiki, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  3. ForumFocus.net

ForumFocus.net Banned

Best Answers:
    It is the plain truth that it is more natural. On a biological and anatomical level it is. Every other organism on the planet have "pedo" relationships. They start having sex as soon as they are able to. It is the morals of human beings that tells us it is wrong to do so. With that being known it is obvious and a fact that pedophilia is more natural. That in itself cannot be disputed.

ForumFocus.net, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  4. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Unbelievable.... Are you serious?

stOx, Apr 19, 2008 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. rhoula

rhoula Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I m going to give my 2 cents but again this is just my opinion.
    I don't think that guy mariage should be allowed for many reasons. Because when you are talking about marriage it's mainly a religious ceremony that takes place either a preacher an Imam ... that get the couple married, I know that a judge can also do the same thing but to my opion I don't believe that should be the case.
    So if the marriage is supposed to be done only by a religious institution then this same religious institution is supposed to accept a male and femal couple and nothing else.
    Again this is just my point of view.
    I have few great guy friends and i love just as much as love any of my other friends.

Peace

rhoula, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  6. ForumFocus.net

ForumFocus.net Banned

Best Answers:
    It is only your morals getting in the way and trying to tell you otherwise. But if you look at the facts as they are you will see I am right.

Now once again I do not support pedos or any other thing I mentioned but I am throwing out a very valid point for the sake of debate.

ForumFocus.net, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Morals are the whole debate.

Morals define our laws. Religion may mold our morals but at the end of the day without morals society would not function.

sarahk, Apr 21, 2008 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  8. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is true, but you have to wonder whether some of our morals that have been put in place by Christianity (or other religions) should be questioned.

melbel, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Indeed and it's a luxury modern society is allowed. We're no longer just struggling to survive but have the time and resources to question the core beliefs of our own society - and those of others.

Don't you just love the way we all pass judgment on others? Yet we never walk in their shoes!

sarahk, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  10. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. +Rep to your response. I really like how you've put it.

melbel, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  11. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This thread as really gone down hill. You let one thing go and they come out of the work work with the craziness.

bogart, May 10, 2008 IP
  12. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    The last post was from 3 weeks ago.

?

northpointaiki, May 10, 2008 IP
  13. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've been kind of busy the last three weeks making a few bucks and haven't had time to keep up with the thread. Is there a time limit for responses?

bogart, May 10, 2008 IP
  14. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A better question would be do you want your own children to be Gay, because thats whats going to happen if we keep accepting that it is ok to be gay. A tolerance has already started, and now more and more people think its ok. Soon your kids and grand kids will see it as a normal choice that they get to make. A man was meant to be with a woman and vice versa, the distinguishing sexual organs which only fit together with the opposite sex, proves that.

Whats next? Animal sex, are we going to be forced to have to accept that a man or woman wants to have sex with an animal? Sounds bizarre huh? Well 50 years ago seeing two men kiss, was a bit bizarre too. This just goes to show you how tolerance works. We might think humans and animal sex is bizarre now, but at first it will be one or two, than 10 or 20, before you know it we will be forced to accept it as a norm. Sorry, marriage is for a man and a woman.

simplyg123, May 10, 2008 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that would certainly be a sliperly slope if we allow that to happen then. it's also a completely fatuous argument. Are you saying YOU would have become gay if it was more socially acceptable? If not, Why would anyone else?

All it proves is that only a man and a woman can naturally conceive a child. We aren't talking about procreation. I have already covered the difference between sexuality and procreation. If you want to actively pursue this line of argument you would have to be equally opposed to anal sex between men and woman, Masturbation between men and women and oral sex between men and women. None of these practices use organs in a way they were intended to be used and none produce a baby.

Like everyone else you are only trying to find a non-bigoted sounding excuse for holding a bigoted view. We all know why you are opposed to it, Now have the courage to be honest about it and stop hiding behind your manufactured reasons.

stOx, May 10, 2008 IP
  16. kane584

kane584 Banned

Best Answers:
    Be gay is not normal. Homos should be hanged in public as an example to other homos to turn straight. Its disgusting. How could you be with another man? Just the thought of it makes me sick. I hope all homos die a painful and slow death and then suffer in hell afterwards.

kane584, May 10, 2008 IP
  17. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    I would not become gay, due to morals and a sound understanding of what is appropriate and what is not. When you attempt to operate in a manor that nature does not intended you to operate, that should be the first sign your doing something wrong.

exactly

If standing against immorality is bigoted, then im guilty.

Im not hiding behind anything, im opposed to it for many reasons. Number one, marriage is a vow before God, and if you are gay, you don't know God, because its clear he does not approve of homosexuality or sexual immorality. So why involve yourself in a tradition, such as marriage, that stands for the opposite of what you believe.

Marriage is the joining of man and woman before God. Period.

18. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So your claim that increased social acceptance of homosexuality would mean peoples children become gay was false then? I don't see how this claim can be made unless it also applies to you. If it doesn't apply to you, Why should it apply to anyone else?

So you are opposed to any sexual activity between men and women which doesn't involve a vagina, a penis and the attempted production of a baby?

What makes you bigoted is your homophobia.

stOx, May 10, 2008 IP
  19. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    If the world was full of disorder and chaos, sexual immorality, orgies, men having sex with sheep, and women with horses, if i grew up in a world like that, then yes, maybe i would grow up to be sexually immoral in one way or another. This is exactly my point, one thing leads to another. The only reason it doesn't apply to me now, is because im not surrounded completely by immorality, though its showing itself more and more everyday.

Sexual pleasure is a gift from God, given to us to populate the world. It is natural to have sex between male and female mates, for pleasure or for creating offspring. To stimulate that sexual pleasure in other ways is acceptable between married couples(male and female)

Homophobia (from Greek homós: one and the same; phóbos: fear, phobia) is a term used to describe irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuals.[3][4][5][6] It can also mean "irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals"

I do not fear homosexuals, but homosexuality, and its effects on a moral world.

20. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Reaction formation much?

northpointaiki, May 10, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.