1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gay Marriage: Should It Be Allowed?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by melbel, Jul 6, 2007.

?

Should gay marriage be allowed?

1. Yes

141 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No

167 vote(s)
    54.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Corn

Dead Corn Peon

Best Answers:
    I never knew it wasn't allowed until everyone made a big stink of it. Fact is it didn't effect me then, when I thought it was allowed to begin with, it cannot now. But one thing I would caution my self-proclaimed ultra-right religionists...

You don't give a crap about the true sanctity of marriage. Just look at the divorce rate. Don't expect me to make a stand about the sanctity of something you never protected to begin with.

Prove to me you consider it sacred first. Then show me where my neighbor's business is my own.

Hypocrits.

Dead Corn, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  2. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:
    No it shouldn’t, that’s taking things too far. We’re create, irregardless of whom created us, to comply within a certain system, which is a male and a female, to reproduce and recycle, it would be selfish to defy that system because you cannot comply with it. There are enough females for males, no reason one should be left out. You wouldn’t have been here if a male and female didn’t reproduce, so how could you selfishly denote the general system of life? I also oppose feminism for a male; males are strong characters, military, fisherman, etc. Not drag queens, etc, household amenities and entertainments are the global traditional priority of the female. Males have strong schematics, and I believe it’s to cater to the global view of a male, strong willing, I’m all for anti-feminism, and anti-homosexuality. Putting aside the whole debating thing about this heated topic, it is selfish to love the same kind (solely), as you wouldn’t have been into this earth if your mom was a lesbian, and she to your father wouldn’t have happened, don’t be selfish, find a path on the global tradition and dwell with it. It shouldn’t be allowed, it would defy high ethics and respect. A dike is another story, and somewhat acceptable in my eyes. It’s a global statuary, irregardless of who’ve created society, which is not proven, we’ve come to adapt the fact that homosexuality is bad for reproduction, bad for culture, I’d hate to see Old Man Jenkins modeling. I say NO, homosexual marriage shouldn’t be allowed, and this is why. I can’t see how people could be happy of this culture, it’s intruding and selfish. If everyone is gay, reproduction stops. I do encourage though that if its “true” love, then I’d be wrong, I believe in love universally.

I’m happily voicing my opinion; don’t attack me, because as you may be respectfully “gay”, I’m respectfully “anti-gay”. It’s a coin tossing situation, and you need to respect me, I’m offended of you as you’re offended of me. I have nothing against anybody who’s homosexual; I don’t let sex, or religion get into the way of my relationship with someone, these are my corporate views to all homosexuals. I don’t support your hold of feminism on a man, it’s a slap to masculine traditions, and it shatters the hearts of men worldwide that’re loosing masculine brother’s everyday due to the feminism illusions presented by the homosexual community.

xXKingdom_SEOXx, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  3. Dead Corn

Dead Corn Peon

Best Answers:
    Bunch of I dunno-what-you-said, honestly. I think it's disgusting that some man would want to stick a dick in his mouth. But, tell you what, I'll fight for his right to do so if I have to. (God please don't make me have to).

I got enough trouble trying to make ends meet to worry about how my neighbor gets his/her rocks off.

I know mostly straight folks. I don't trust most of them. Or most anybody else for that matter. How on earth am I going to get my daughter, lovely Kelly, her braces??? Work my ass off and can't afford her braces right now!!!!! She needs them now!!!!

Her mother must be turning in her grave.

Dead Corn, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  4. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:

It’s selfish, disgusting, and a slap to every fetish developed, they’re saying they support the corruption of reproduction? That’s what they’re saying?

xXKingdom_SEOXx, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's a lifestyle choice when you are talking about homosexulity. There's plenty of homosexual inmates and crackers but I wouldn't call them gay. There's gay people that aren't homosexual.

bogart, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  6. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please expound.

melbel, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  7. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    bogart, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    gworld, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  9. gauharjk

gauharjk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is a powerful statement indeed.

If marriage is supposed to be so sacred, then explain the 65% divorce rate...

Religionists would point towards history, when men worked, and women looked after the family. There were no women going out, wanting to be equal in all respects, and doing the job of men. It all began after the industrial revolution, which is the root of all the family problems.

P.S. - I support the freedom of women to do any job. I am just giving my viewpoint on the reason for such high divorce rates in developed countries where women work outside the home, vs developing countries, where women still believe they are responsible to look after the house and the family, and divorce rate are very low...

gauharjk, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  10. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When I start hearing 'Dueling banjos', I turn around fast and go back where I came from. :D

bogart, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  11. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Feminism has more to do with the strengthening of females in a world view and nothing to do with forcing men to do "women's work"

If my mom were a lesbian and didn't have me, then I guess I wouldn't really care.

And being a household "amenity" and being there for "entertainment" doesn't sound like a case about homosexuality, but more of a case for sexism. As a female, I am fine going out and working and letting my husband do the housework and he is too. I don't think it makes him less of a man and I don't think that just because I'm female, I should stay in the kitchen all day and serve a meal to my husband and his friends and clean up after them.

Also, why is a "dyke" acceptable to you when you are anti-feminist and anti-homosexual?

melbel, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  12. kevthegr8

kevthegr8 Banned

Best Answers:
    My faith would say its wrong, i would say its wrong.
    The way i look at it, the world was made to grow and populate, however if everyone was
    gay the world would die out, this was not the plan of the world!
    This is just my opinion! :)

Kev

P.S Go forth and multiply! :D

kevthegr8, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  13. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So, to you also, marriage is meant just for having children? So infertile couples should not be allowed to wed, right?

tarponkeith, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  14. kevthegr8

kevthegr8 Banned

Best Answers:
    So, because you cant have children does that mean you should turn gay? I feel it for the couples who cant have kids, however there is other options out here i.e foster etc
    To be very honest, yes every married couple i reckon should have kid(s)! (If they cant there is options out there)
    :)

I was only expression my opinion!

Kev :)

15. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:

You’re not putting up the pitch, I’m not really concern about feminism that way, that isn’t even feminism, I wasn’t talking about it in the way you implied, I do housework too, please understand my statement. I should’ve stated it more clearly? I don’t accept the blains of a man wearing a dress, and acting like a faggot (to be exponent). I never implied it so Hippocratic like of simply a man doing housework, you’ve probably misunderstood me. As for the acceptance of “dyke”, and pardon my grammar error, I see nothing wrong if you’re confused about your sexuality, but when you commit yourself solely to “Gayism”, (feminine), and homosexuality (Gay), then that’s where its wrong, I’ve stated my reasons why I oppose these habits, cultures, or whatever you may be comfortable calling it. I entertain my family, I cook, and clean, you’re misquoting me.

xXKingdom_SEOXx, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  16. tarponkeith

Best Answers:
    Not at all, I believe you misread my post (or, possibly, I miscommunicated)...

You made it seem that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry because they can't have kids... So by that logic, straight people that can't have kids shouldn't be allowed to marry either, because they cannot conceive...

Yup, and gay people can adopt as well :)

I know plenty of married people that don't want kids; why do you feel they should go through the work of raising a child that they don't even want?

17. kevthegr8

kevthegr8 Banned

Best Answers:
    As i said, its my opinion....we all have right to it.
    Thanks!

Kev

18. tarponkeith

Best Answers:
    You're right, we all have a right to our own opinion... But I don't understand why a person would have a strong opinion without logic to back it up...?

19. kevthegr8

kevthegr8 Banned

Best Answers:
    I disagree - you might not see the logic, however i do!

20. tarponkeith

Best Answers:
    Ok,

So you believe marriage is linked to have kids, right?

If that's the case, you're against straight couples getting married if they're unable to conceive? If you're not against this, doesn't it mean you're just discriminating against gays for another reason?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.