1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gay couples adopting kids ... NO WAY

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Blogmaster, Sep 15, 2007.

?

gay couples should adopt kids

1. sure

29 vote(s)
    30.5%
  2. heck no

55 vote(s)
    57.9%
  3. not sure but it's weird

9 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. I have no opinion

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    but still ur dad was there, so ur here now.

ur comparision with gay adoption is not meaningful, ur in a different situation.

forumrating, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  2. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Coming from a non english speaking background can someone please explain what gay means? I am asking because I may have gotten the meaning wrong.

proteindude, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  3. forumrating

Best Answers:
    ask anyone who is a gay :rolleyes:

4. proteindude

Best Answers:
    That's what I'm doing :rolleyes:

5. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just refere your self: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay

maldives, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  6. proteindude

Best Answers:
    Phew....I was right after all. gay is someone who is SEXUALLY attracted to a person of the same sex. So it is all about sex when it comes to being gay, none of that relationship crap.

I mean I have a relationship with plenty of work mates (same sex dudes) but I don't fantasise in any way about having sex with them (buhhh). This wikipedia thing (a non religious thing) made it all clear.

7. DevilHellz

DevilHellz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your argument is quite pathetic.

@proteindude
    Are you sure about that one ? Don't forget, lying is a sin. (Eternal hell and stuff) ;)

DevilHellz, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  8. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And "straight" is someone who is SEXUALLY attracted to someone of the opposite sex. By your logic that means being straight is all about the sex and none of that "relationship crap".

Gay and straight are just words to describe the sexuality of a person, it doesn't define them entirely.

stOx, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  9. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Congratulations goes out to this "Christ-like" poster, who now takes a nomination from me for the title of DP moron (a rare honor).

That he spends so much time in fevered attention on the physical act of sodomy, and is equally fervid in his singular attention on the sexual attraction of homosexuals (you know, homo-sexual: sexual attraction to members of the same sex; hetero-sexual: sexual attraction to members of the opposite sex; AMAAAAAAAAAAZING!!!!!!!!!!!),

-speaks volumes. Latency, thin as a gossamer veil, I'd say.

northpointaiki, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  10. forumrating

Best Answers:
    im just trying to find how many we have in here at dp
    chk the thread

11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    eye'm jus wshng weed jus yoos da langwuj 'n stop wit da compuspeek.

northpointaiki, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  12. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How is cigarette smoking equal to having gay guardians/"parents"?:confused:

Define normalcy :rolleyes: Everything is relative, your normalcy is normal only according to you. Most people in India think arranged marriages are normal. In fact, I am the result of one myself :cool:

The same procedure should then be followed by heterosexual couples wanting to adopt kids. Not fair at all to impose it on a couple just because of their sexuality, IMO. Besides, as long as they aren't humping the kid, I don't see what the problem is. There are a lot of children who could use a guardian, food, shelter etc.

eXe, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  13. Jackuul

Jackuul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all - ur is not a word. Ur was a city in Babylon. Secondly, I grew up without a father role figure and thus took after my grandfather, and uncles - which is obviously what would happen if it was a single mother. Now then, if we look at the issue on a biological basis you will find that Primates - Chimps, Baboons, Orangutans, all have bisexual tendencies and in fact gay tendencies to insure social order, many baboon females engage in this behavior with other females as a kind of social bonding. The young are oft raised by the whole group, not just two... the whole "Mother and Father" only is actually not a natural condition but a socially imposed one. Usually the extended family would play a large role in upbringing of young, but because of our modern age and our arcane society we try to make everything such a god damned religious social standard based pile of bullshit with bullshit science. You know they once believed in Global Cooling? Yes. Really. It was going to wipe us all out in the 70's. They also believed lobotomys were good, and to perform one all you needed was an icepick and good aim, puncturing the skull above the frontal lobe and then scrambling it. Yay for your science.

A single parent is no worse than a pair of parents, and a pair of gay parents - whether they be men or women - is in no way worse than a single parent as they will have extended families to help raise a child who would otherwise have no family to call his own because THERE AREN'T ENOUGH PEOPLE ADOPTING. The only other option is the Soylent Green option (SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!) or just sell the children to the military. You'd support that I bet. Yes. Lets take all the un-adoptable children and put them in BOOT CAMP and sign their whole lives over to the military. That way we have soldiers without ties, without families, and no one cares if they die. Woohoo. All because you don't want a man who thinks frilly curtains are cute with a partner who likes cake decorating and makes 120k a year and is fiscally sound not adopt a kid.

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!

Jackuul, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  14. forumrating

Best Answers:
    there are lot of other parents without kids, they can adopt, why u want the kids to be with gays ?
    and why do u want to increase the gay community when that same kid would be straight otherwise.

15. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    Because there's no significant evidence that a gay parent will raise a child to be gay? And what's wrong with being gay? Doesn't that mean there will be less children in the long run, hence allowing my own to have food? When did it become a crime to have a different gender identity? Oh that's right - you were told it is wrong... go back to watching your 24 hour news channels and taking your Sunday church suppositories just like the rest of the herd. Certainly not Sheeple though... that would imply Welshmen... and that's just wrong.

Jackuul, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  16. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't have to be religious the be against homosexuals adopting children.

ly2, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  17. Jackuul

Best Answers:
    Saves money. Saves children. if they are gay... less children. Where's the losing part of this? I support this or Soylent Green.

Jackuul, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  18. proteindude

Best Answers:
    I see. Best way to find out is to see how many voted that it's OK for gays to adopt. Let's face it, who else in the right mind would vote for perverts to be able to raise kids. We only need to look at the FIRST example of gay (sexually attracted to the same gender) foster parents in the UK. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/05/23/ngay23.xml because you know...anything you say against gays (sexually attracted to the same gender) is because they are gays(sexually attracted to the same gender) , not because they could possibly do any wrong.

19. forumrating

Best Answers:
    i know recently one of my uncle and aunty adopted a kid jus 5 days old, they are surely gonna take good care of the kido, why we need gays to do that job then ?

20. selltrib

selltrib Peon

Best Answers:
    HOW can you say a child adpoted by a gay family is going to turn out GAY? I know many gay couple who have children who are teens/adults who are as straight as they come and they also love there parents to bits!

Please show me a study stating that gay parents create gay children!

selltrib, Sep 18, 2007 IP