1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gates Says We Will Crush Google

Discussion in 'Bing' started by xfairguy, May 19, 2006.

1. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    my stupid opinon, don't hit me because of my ignorant

It is all about if you can make search engine user believe. The search algorithm plays a role but it is not everything.

Google has very good image. I still feel Google = a bunch of geek who don't care money and want to help me to get what i wanted

whereas Microsoft is just money sucking evil which give me result that will help them make more

The web is same as TV, ppl believe what you throw to them. All you have to do is having a postive image

just my stupid opinion

ahkip, May 20, 2006 IP
  2. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is all about money now a days ... thats why they have begun to suck bad, its sad Samspunk but that description used to be google of yesterday

Mr Crow, May 20, 2006 IP
  3. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Something else will spring up out of the ground and take us all by suprise, its not the ones who are talking that you have to be concerned about, its the ones who stay quiet, the Google Vs Microsoft is just to keep us all entertained, it keeps us interested and thats what any company wants, we like the gossip and they like creating the stories, were all sucked in :)

pipes, May 20, 2006 IP
  4. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    I think China will rise above google in a new improved version of google, and I suspect MSN is courting them due to the recent visits by the Chinese to Microsoft and Microsofts visits there.

Mr Crow, May 20, 2006 IP
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Mr Crow, thats what ive been thinking too, i really think they are the ones to make a huge impact in partnership, it will be interesting to watch it unfold.

pipes, May 20, 2006 IP
  6. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i doubt chinese can make good search engine. They are all about money. Also there is a huge censorship on the internet from government. you will hardly found the "truth"

ahkip, May 20, 2006 IP
  7. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Believe that google's suit was either thrown out, or overturned.
    It is MSN's browser after all...google can get their own (wait, they are paying firefox to be the browser of choice).
    Hey, would be nice to see MSN sue google for having firefox as the default!

MSN might not be burying Apple, but now apple users can get msn os on their computer (depending on the apple machine and apple os).

iowadawg, May 20, 2006 IP
  8. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha I see your point , but they will make something that is for use outside of china
    or something that filters only the china side

Mr Crow, May 20, 2006 IP
  9. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Microsoft have to improve their search and make people associate web searching with it.

It is as simple as that.

No sweat for Bill and Ballmer - they have Windows and billions.

Pete

GADOOD, May 20, 2006 IP
  10. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it works better than others I have tried.
    Firefox when I ran it for some time, the so-called popup blocker never really worked...maybe those were google adwords customers sites?

MS without breaking a sweat, could dominate the search market and put google to shame...but then the governments of the world would scream
    monopoly!

iowadawg, May 20, 2006 IP
  11. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    As someone said earlier it's never good to show off your intention in Public .. specially when it's towards your competitor ...
    The thing is, Google is dominant and it wants to stay the same ...
    Google de-indexing Micsrosoft Sites or something along the lines would result in two things,
    • It would bring in lots of negative publicity for google,
    • Microsoft will receive lots of free publicity, especially it being on the innocent site

The biggies will blog about it and eventually google might get into trouble, so basically it wants to really prevail on the top and so it won't do anything as such!
    Hope you got my point.
    Abhishek

-Abhishek-, May 20, 2006 IP
  12. liquidboy

liquidboy Peon

Best Answers:
    pipes - my sentiments exactly "something else will spring up and take us all by suprise"

Search is just a single part of what makes up the internet. Other areas that exist and just as important (more so going forward) is content portals, social networking, educational communities etc...

Microsoft are doing a damn good job of moving into a dominant position into all these areas.

In an article on yahoo news it stated that Google is one of the most frequented sites on the net but of its 40+ areas (gmail,groups,news,image search etc) 90% go thru to the google home page (google search page) where as microsoft is evenly dispersed across there MSN, Microsoft and MSDN sites amoungst others. For google its pretty useless that the majority of there users are only doing searches then moving onto other sites, whereas microsoft people are staying in there community of sites.

I don't doubt that microsoft will rule the internet in a matter of years, its just time. And google are only really known for there search abilities (which is gonna be there down fall)...

Just as a side note of things poping up, i discovered this new search engine which i use quite alot now, over google and msn. Its snap (www.snap.com)

Anyway the future looks great for us small website owners!

liquidboy, May 21, 2006 IP
  13. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    competition is great, but the core of this problem is the search engine. Microsoft has thrown millions at this and still hasn't come with a decent algorithm.
    Until then, google will still rule

Winagain, May 21, 2006 IP
  14. gastongr

gastongr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is to stop MS from blocking access to google.com from their browser, remove the google listings in msn SE, remove links inside emails of their email service, not allow google apps to run in windows, etc etc.
    Google has the search engine, but gates has the OS, the browser, and many important applications in people's life/work.

However as someone said, this is not a good tactic.

gastongr, May 22, 2006 IP
  15. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good point gastongr. Without Windows Google would not survive.

Without Windows would come to this point:

Google's traffic would dry up, Advertisers would stop paying for Adwords. Linux does not have enough marketshare in the homes to make Google survive.

SEO Jeff, May 22, 2006 IP
  16. TangoUK

TangoUK Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't know about two giants colliding. Google is a midget compared to Microsoft, and always will be. I'm disappointed that MS hasn't levelled the search playing field already, how long have they been trying? Maybe it was just a case of not taking Google seriously enough at the start, losing valuable ground, but if anyone can reel them in it's Microsoft.

Be nice too if Yahoo grabbed back a bigger slice of the pie. Relying on Google traffic is business suicide.

TangoUK, May 22, 2006 IP
  17. phoenixcarpet

phoenixcarpet Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been spending thousands on Google every month because they choose to not let newer sites into the index. They have been hurting thier index this way, you cant find the newest info in the market when you try. They are basically handing out small long term monopolies. Do no Evil - Maybe not evil but after BigDaddy they hurt those that pay the bills... How many small operations got hurt, how many guys who just went full time as a webmaster from home just had to get a part time job because they have too much of the market. Atleast if there is good competition in the SE arena then we could pour our resources into another SE and that one will fix there problems much quicker. I say go BIll, not because I dislike google, I dont, they just need competition which will help us all.

phoenixcarpet, May 22, 2006 IP
  18. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with that fully, competition is ideal as it stops them from taking things for granted and getting too damn sure of themselves, lets hope theres more than one company planning allsorts underneath the surface, things dont stay the same forever so im sure that we have some good things to look forward to in the near future.

pipes, May 22, 2006 IP
  19. ST12

ST12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ....Relying on Google traffic is business suicide....

Agree 100%.

I get much more traffic from MSN.

Go Gates, Go!

We need at least 3 Big SE's so we can have a progress.
    Look at the Car competition. The more guys in the battle for market, the better for the consumers.

We need MSN PPC too, then the Google ..... will think twice before pulling the plug of the small (innocent) publisher.

ST12, May 22, 2006 IP
  20. diamond008

diamond008 Peon

Best Answers:
    In chinese, Baidu is the number 1. not google. haha

diamond008, May 22, 2006 IP