1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gantt Chart as the front end of a database

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Shabnam Khamooshi, Nov 6, 2013.

Hi,

One of my projects at work requires me to create a database for scheduling different resources. First, I thought this would be easy to do using an access database with a form (that basically has a calendar pop-up for each employee) that enables the users to enter the schedule of each individual resource. But then I got this feedback from the users that it is very counter-intuitive to use the access form and they prefer to be able to see the calendar on the interface and be able to drag and drop the schedules (some how like a gantt chart). Does anyone know what is the best way to do it? I can't use MS project because we need to have a specific format for the schedule and I also need to be able to analyze the data so I need a database that is connected to the gantt chart. Can I do this on a web? I don't know how I do it but I guess I can learn if that is the only way.

Shabnam Khamooshi, Nov 6, 2013 IP